Thread: What do you think?

Default What do you think?

In my seach for a boat i keep coming across this Almar Sounder with a 300hp cummins and jet drive. Im not sure why a jet drive was put on a deep v boat and was looking for your opinion. I have done a sea trial on a similiar Sounder and was very impressed with the ride. My question would be what are the differences in performance between the jet and a prop outdrive, and if a prop outdrive could be bolt on or is there a transom/engine mod to make a prop outdrive fit? This boat can be viewed on seattle craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by akruss View Post
    In my seach for a boat i keep coming across this Almar Sounder with a 300hp cummins and jet drive. Im not sure why a jet drive was put on a deep v boat and was looking for your opinion. I have done a sea trial on a similiar Sounder and was very impressed with the ride. My question would be what are the differences in performance between the jet and a prop outdrive, and if a prop outdrive could be bolt on or is there a transom/engine mod to make a prop outdrive fit? This boat can be viewed on seattle craigslist.

I'd hate to clear the weeds from the stomp grate.