Thread: nelchina 6x6 ride video

Default nelchina 6x6 ride video

Went caribou hunting at nelchina this last week. Caribou were pretty hard to find so we did lots of riding till we found them! I put on 285 miles, my buddy put on 335 I think cause he rode out to get another 30 gallons of gas!

My Big boss is a 2010 model, his is a 2007 I think, the one with the 500 motor. My wheeler just about has 1000 hard miles on it. And it is really taking it well. I didnt have any issues this trip.

Well here is the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTruoJ-6oI

What are you getting for fuel mileage with that 2010 model loaded down?

it really varies- between 8 and 10 mpg. I usually like to think 35 miles per tank when planning fuel consuption. Our first ride in was from the nelchina parking lot to yacko creek. I was pretty dang empty by the time we got there but the fuel guage wasnt flashing yet. If memory serves that was just about 40 miles in so that was pretty good. All in all this week I did pretty good on fuel, I think that was mostly due to great trail conditions with little mud.

Great video - Thanks for posting Matt! Looks like you had some nice weather too!

Default nelchina 6x6 ride video

It was awesome weather. Never thought that it would only rain once in 7 days up there! Well actually 2 days had little sprinkles and that was it! Never a full day of rain