Thread: Anyone willing to share info on DM922

Default Anyone willing to share info on DM922

I finally drew something after many years of trying. I will be heading up the haul road to bowhunt DM922 south of coldfoot. Is there anyone willing to share information or experience from this hunt. You can PM me if you prefer. Any info would be helpful. May try to combo with caribou as well but will watch reports of numbers. Moose is the focus however, and I would really appreciate anyone willing to share maybe in exchange for some backstrap?!?....

Hope some of caribou hunters come along with info. I have never seen moose on the few trips up there. But i go maybe twice a year. Some forum members make that drive all the time. Far as caribou I haven't seen bou that far south either, if they were save us all time. Best of luck, oh I have see more wolves than moose on the drive up there.

You'll have to go farther north for bou. Get off the road for moose. Pick a river and hunt upstream or downstream. They'll come to a call just give them time.

Thanks guys. I plan on getting up or down rivers...and off the Road. Any rivers you recommend? PM me with good suggestions of you have em. Ive got a few good ideas, but confirmation of my thoughts would be encouraging. We'll probably go north for caribou for a few days, and let the rut ripen a little and go after moose the back half of the trip. Thanks again for your thoughts and keep em comin.

akhummer
    I have the same permit. Plan is to hunt caribou for several days around the 10th thenhead south to catch my moose. If you’reinterested in rafting a portion of the Sag. “hunting caribou” let me know. I have an 18’ Cat with a 13’ tower rigged forspotting bou.

Moose plan to hunt solo