Thread: Need an Opinion...

Default Need an Opinion...

My Win 670 243 has been in the hands of Kelly at MGM for the last few months, the long wait is all my fault since I am in Afghanistan Iím not in a big hurry to get it back. Itís going to be a 338 Federal with a SS barrel, the receiver is blued thatís why I want to coat it all one color.
    Anyway, I have most of the things figured out for it; I just canít decide what color to have it coated with. He uses KG coatings and offers several colors- Matte Black, semi gloss black, Titanium, Tan, OD green and brown. I have never coated a firearm before and Iím stuck between a few colors, Titanium,Tan and the classic matte black. With OD Green a distant 3rd.

Any suggestions, comments... pics of your color combos would be awesome. I do plan on up grading the stock someday and I can live with a weird color combo for a while with the factory light tan stock.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Color is a personal choice; but if you intend to keep the rifle and use it pick a color YOU like. I personally already have 3 rifles with blued actions and Stainless barrels; These are rifles I've shot out or to the point of losing accuracy except for my 220 swift. Just wanted a heavy varmint gun there. I once had 6BR a blued rifle with a blue stock with white and yellow flames and a Stainless 6-284 that was orange with yellow and teal flames; And maybe 10 or so others with wild color schemes. Many were repainted more than once when a new varmint season came around; Yours can be repainted TOO. Roll the dice and choose wisely
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Look up Dura-coat. they have a number of color and camo schemes
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

My opinion is that you are a patriotic young man doing all he can for his country and the freedom of others around the globe. Thank you for your sacrifices.

I also have another opinion........O.D. Green.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I've done a lot of matte black actions with Stainless barrels for the F Class guys...actually, I built a Savage in .260 AI with those colors for myself and I blasted the stainless barrel with 120 grit sand to kill the glare. The Army snipers like dark flat earth or desert tan...not sure why.

Keep your head down and come back soon!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    My opinion is that you are a patriotic young man doing all he can for his country and the freedom of others around the globe. Thank you for your sacrifices.

I also have another opinion........O.D. Green.
    Iíd agree 100% here and itís sure not your ďfaultĒ or even a fault at all that your over in the sandbox with everything on the line for your country! Thanks for doing it!

Now, O.D. Green looks so much better on sporting rifles than it sounds like it would as does SS on a blue receiver. But itís yours so do it like you want it, youíll likely re-do it a couple times anyway.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks everyone,

I need to clarify the ďFaultĒ comment; I just said that as a joke so no one would think that MGM took too long of a time on a project. They are the Best as far as I am concerned. (also they are the only ones that I found that did Octagon barrels, but they are VERY nice barrels Iím up to 5 now, and will get 2 more before Iím done over here. the 6.5 Grendel barrel, my friend has it while Iím over here, he has shown me pics and video of him shooting squirrels (tree not ground) at over 100yds with it... canít beat that accuracy for a hunting rifle).

Also I was kinda hoping for pics, so I can see what Iím looking at, Iím not finding much over here on the internetÖ my Google-foo must be slipping.
    Last edited by akula682; 08-26-2012 at 10:18. Reason: wordsbuncheduptogether
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

You can't go wrong with O.D. Thanks for serving.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you