Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb people.

Default Dumb people.

I was at the range last week I took out my colt Hbar and my 94 marlin just to mess around. Now im not an uptight person when it comes to certain things but I am a huge believer that a firing range demands common sense when using and it is staggering how dumb some people truly are. So the range I go to has both outdoor and indoor. And they have back boards outdoor for the different ranges from 25-200yds but they also have smaller back boards you can use for pistol which are clearly marked pistol only as there not strong wood. So anyway there were two guys there, they were shooting a .45 pistol and and AK. Now why they decided they would set up a pistol target at 15 feet and shoot it with the AK I have no idea, they were spraying all over at the 50yd the 100yd just being annoying. They would walk out onto the range without communicating, after they left I went out to clean the mess of targets they left behind. The shots were all over in no group at all. I shot 10rds from my Hbar within 1inch at 100yds.
    Some people just have no head for the sport.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Many people aren't hunters and just enjoy shooting, as long as they do it safely, no harm-no foul. Most guys in the military don't hit their targets either; there is like one kill per 100,000 rounds ratio. If however the guests at the range become unsafe or annoying ask the rangemaster to have a talk with them, while you have a frosty beverage.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

the picture shows nothing I can see wrong

Quote Originally Posted by back country View Post
    the picture shows nothing I can see wrong
    I'm guessing that's the OP with his Colt....

messed up this typing
    Last edited by akgun&ammo; 08-25-2012 at 00:19. Reason: hit wrong butt on

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    Most guys in the military don't hit their targets either; there is like one kill per 100,000 rounds ratio.
    Range day and combat kills are very embarrassing in the Army. I sure hope the Marines have it figured out better than we do.... I will say out snipers do a great job!

So did the guys shooting the 45 have the sights mounted on the side of the slide too?
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Range day and combat kills are very embarrassing in the Army. I sure hope the Marines have it figured out better than we do.... I will say out snipers do a great job!
    I think a lot of that is from 30 or 40 years of guns being so un-PC. The vast majority serving right now had zero early exposure to firearms . . . right handy with computers though. Those that did have exposure are so outnumbered that the old teach the guy next to you just doesnít work anymore with the percentages so low. Shooting is a skill that the older you start the harder it is to get, it seems so simple, like walking or riding a bike . . . but ever watch a twenty something year old try to subdue a Schwann for the first time ever, itís funny but not at all pretty!

I do think itís apt to get a lot better though as there is a lot more kids getting that exposure for the last 8-10 years than there was . . . in the 80s and 90s it was just flat out sad how seldom Iíd see a father shooting with his kids.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy I do believe you are onto something. I grew up hunting and fishing as did the vast majority of the kids around me(Delta Junction and Fairbanks), due to that I took a lot of things for granted and was very surprised once I joined the Army. There were kids that had never seen a fiirearm much less held one. The drill sergeants had to give a dummy rifle to one kid and have them sleep with it at night just to get them over the fear that a rifle would harm them if used properly.

What in the heck is a Schwann? Is that the delivery driver for Schwanns or the CEO himself? What did he or she do to require subduing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I think a lot of that is from 30 or 40 years of guns being so un-PC. The vast majority serving right now had zero early exposure to firearms . . . right handy with computers though. Those that did have exposure are so outnumbered that the old teach the guy next to you just doesnít work anymore with the percentages so low. Shooting is a skill that the older you start the harder it is to get, it seems so simple, like walking or riding a bike . . . but ever watch a twenty something year old try to subdue a Schwann for the first time ever, itís funny but not at all pretty!

I do think itís apt to get a lot better though as there is a lot more kids getting that exposure for the last 8-10 years than there was . . . in the 80s and 90s it was just flat out sad how seldom Iíd see a father shooting with his kids.

Andy I do believe you are onto something. I grew up hunting and fishing as did the vast majority of the kids around me(Delta Junction and Fairbanks), due to that I took a lot of things for granted and was very surprised once I joined the Army. There were kids that had never seen a fiirearm much less held one. The drill sergeants had to give a dummy rifle to one kid and have them sleep with it at night just to get them over the fear that a rifle would harm them if used properly.

What in the heck is a Schwann? Is that the delivery driver for Schwanns or the CEO himself? What did he or she do to require subduing?
    When I joined the Navy in 76' the only firearms traing we has was about 25 rounds through a 45 and 20-30 rounds through
    a 22. An additional 25 rounds though the 45 th qualify to carry a sidearm for Gangway watch. Barely enough
    to get the feel of the gun.

What was amazing to me was the amout of guys joining the Navy who could not swim!
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

Quote Originally Posted by tabmarine View Post
    What was amazing to me was the amount of guys joining the Navy who could not swim!
    That is too funny! I thought it was amazing see how many people in the Army could not swim, but you wouldn't think anyone would think of joining the Navy before figuring that skill out?

That is too funny! I thought it was amazing see how many people in the Army could not swim, but you wouldn't think anyone would think of joining the Navy before figuring that skill out?
    Growing up in Ft. Lauderdale...I never knew anybody that could not swim until I joined and then
    when I met these guys for the first time I looked them like they had three heads.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun

My son came home ofter his Homecoming football game his senior year and had in tote the prettiest little gal ever you saw...she was really something. He was his dad's boy and I was his number one fan. He had just rushed for 200 yards and scored 4 touchdowns in a big win over our arch rival. Even though it was Homecoming and all of the kids were about Homecoming festivities my son had to come home and talk game with the old man(with his dream date). Well they left and about a half hour later I heard his truck come in the drive and then I heard his Sportster fire up. I went outside thinking your not taking somebodies daughter for a ride on that thing this time of night after all rut was in full swing and the highways were lined with dead deer. He was on the bike alone and was headed to Subway to get a sandwich. He said his date couldn't get over the fact that we had guns all over the house and I had one all torn appart on the coffee table and was tinkering with it while we talked football. He said I figured if she was that messed up about guns then she wasn't gonna fit in around here anyway so he took her home.

In the end he married a very cute little athletic gal that can shoot her own guns as well as him.

I reckon his Homecoming date probably ended up marrying one of those guys that you-all are talking about! I hope their happy!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    My son came home ofter his Homecoming football game his senior year and had in tote the prettiest little gal ever you saw...she was really something. He was his dad's boy and I was his number one fan. He had just rushed for 200 yards and scored 4 touchdowns in a big win over our arch rival. Even though it was Homecoming and all of the kids were about Homecoming festivities my son had to come home and talk game with the old man(with his dream date). Well they left and about a half hour later I heard his truck come in the drive and then I heard his Sportster fire up. I went outside thinking your not taking somebodies daughter for a ride on that thing this time of night after all rut was in full swing and the highways were lined with dead deer. He was on the bike alone and was headed to Subway to get a sandwich. He said his date couldn't get over the fact that we had guns all over the house and I had one all torn appart on the coffee table and was tinkering with it while we talked football. He said I figured if she was that messed up about guns then she wasn't gonna fit in around here anyway so he took her home.

In the end he married a very cute little athletic gal that can shoot her own guns as well as him.

I reckon his Homecoming date probably ended up marrying one of those guys that you-all are talking about! I hope their happy!
    Beauty w/o brains is a waste. I married into a family of gun-toting hunters. So glad.
    And what the hell is a "schwann"?

just now got it ! I wonder how that "target" looks to him ??

Those are probably the same types of people who drag the old car or washing machine out to the old gravel pit shoot it up then just leave the mess for others to cleanup.
    I am also unsure what a schwann is. Google wasn't much help either.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

He referred to learning to ride a bike along with learning about firearms. Did he perhaps mean "Schwinn?"
    Louis Knapp

Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    He referred to learning to ride a bike along with learning about firearms. Did he perhaps mean "Schwinn?"
    Mystery (probably) solved! Or perhaps the Schwann is the German variant.

It's that dang auto-correct thinking it knows what I was trying to misspell. A Schwinn bicycle was what I was after. I grew up on a ranch, we had 4 legged bicycles called horses, a Schwinn would show up now and again but never lasted long before the tires went flat. One of these times when somebody got a bike there happened to be a young Navajo man working there who had never seen one . . . the resulting comedy when we shoved him off a hill went a lot like this old cowboy poem, good thing Navajos are tough and don't hold a gruge.
    http://www.paulkern.com/2007/05/that-gol-darned-wheel_21.html
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    It's that dang auto-correct thinking it knows what I was trying to misspell. A Schwinn bicycle was what I was after. I grew up on a ranch, we had 4 legged bicycles called horses, a Schwinn would show up now and again but never lasted long before the tires went flat. One of these times when somebody got a bike there happened to be a young Navajo man working there who had never seen one . . . the resulting comedy when we shoved him off a hill went a lot like this old cowboy poem, good thing Navajos are tough and don't hold a gruge.
    http://www.paulkern.com/2007/05/that-gol-darned-wheel_21.html
    Andy I had a feeling you were talking about a Schwinn but I couldn't help myself, sorry.

That is a great poem thank you for sharing it and the story of the one you got over on the Navajo. I bet he didn't trust you guys too much after that stunt?

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast