Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "NOVESKE" Nirvana "WOW"

Default "NOVESKE" Nirvana "WOW"

Wow, what a high class piece of machinery. (I have nothing to do with Noveske, but love my new equipment). Especially the NSR Handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Wow, what a high class piece of machinery. (I have nothing to do with Noveske, but love my new equipment). Especially the NSR Handguard.
    What is it some kind of new yogurt maker ??
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by brav01 View Post
    what is it some kind of new yogurt maker ??
    "stops jhad on contact"

"stops jhad on contact"
    So will an Isreali Jerico missle !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Ugh! Another AR platform.

Another? They've been around for years. Probably one of the best in the business. I just can't see the value vs. BCM, Daniel Defense or Colt in a combat gun. They are 1/2 again as much money for very little gains in performance.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

John Noveske certainly made a name for himself - Although many don't think his creations are worth the prevailing price, "SOME FOLKS" apparently do - I've known John for some years now, before he began gunsmithing, can personally vouch for his committment to God and Country ( reputation too) and have never known a person more honest and eager to please than him - I've noticed that Melvin Forbes does not see the "need" to give his work away, nor do many, MANY others either - If you've not had the pleasure of shooting and experiencing Noveske's work and imagination you are missing out of a smile making time

Good ,bad, indifferent, cheap or expensive it is another (as in one of many others) AR platform. Ugh!
    Noveske may be a very fine fellow and he may make very fine ARs. I have no idea but it's still another AR. Fortunately we all don't have to like the same thing.

New Balance shoe company back in 1988 made the 1500 knowing it wasn't worth $150.00. But they knew if they priced the shoe that high, people would buy it thinking it must be something special.

Enough people think it must be something special it keeps Noveske in business. Maybe it is.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

good point rbuck351 and one I'll always defend - John does make a near perfect "functional" AR, that is what got his foot in the door with the military but it's still an AR and just to set the record straight, I don't own any at this time, I'm a bolt gun guy, I just know what Noveske is "about" and can't keep my mouth shut

I suppose another valid point to concede is that approx 2/3 of his business comes through military and law enforcement channels - OP $$ as often as not

A "Spartan" Baikal double rifle does the same thing as a "basic" Butch Searcy double, but I would say the Searcy is worth the money. Never had a Noveske, but if I had the $$$ to spend on a high end AR, that would be a top choice. I primarily like to shoot classic old guns, but ARs are just pure fun. If I needed and AR for "business", I'd get a Noveske or an LMT.

Got any pictures, AGL?

very good point GD Yankee

...Especially the NSR Handguard.
    What about the NSR turns your crank? There's about a 40 page thread on M4C concerning it

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    What about the NSR turns your crank? There's about a 40 page thread on M4C concerning it

I like it because it is small diameter and you can get your hand around it like grabbing a Winchester M-92 I never like the quad-rail handguards.

Check out the troy trx and the vickings vtac...you'll like those as well...

Im alwys depressed when I see fancy AR threads since mine is nothing more than a Colt 6920 and I use the carry handle sight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    mine is nothing more than a Colt 6920
    Translation for folks:

"mine is nothing more than the rifle that sets the 'standard' for fighting carbines to live up to"...

also:

"my rifle is build to the TDP and yours isn't"

Gotta love the 'ol 6920!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Translation for folks:

"mine is nothing more than the rifle that sets the 'standard' for fighting carbines to live up to"...

also:

"my rifle is build to the TDP and yours isn't"

Gotta love the 'ol 6920!!
    But I still feel inadequate.

I have no CQB optic. No forend grip. No light. No storage unit.....

I do have the upgraded Colt super stock (sort of like a magpul with an additional lock, I havent figured out why the lock is there, o well they sent it to me for free to demo) and a set of used old style milsurp Knights rails. But they are covered. Theres nothing hanging off. My rifle is useless....I am useless.

Maybe I will put a can on it. That will make me competitive in the modern gun world again. I have enough revolvers made before 1920 now anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast