Thread: Walk about moose hunt.

Default Walk about moose hunt.

Looking for a experienced timber/brush moose hunter around Anchorage that would be interested in a rifle hunt? Someone that can move through an area with out making noise and determine if a moose is legal in a split second.

I know of an area where there should be a bull or two hanging out in August. I use a map and came up with 1 to 4 miles walk depending on what we find. Another problem is timing we will not know if we are two early or they are just not there this year until we check it out.

The game plan is to 4-wheel in to the area where there are no other hunters. Park the atv's and head out trying to stay 100 yards apart, hoping to find one a sleep, when moose sleep their ears are on full defense mode that is why I need someone who knows how to stalk. If we are lucky enough to get an animal we will get the atvs to it. I do not want to pack moose any more than necessary.

Non-smoker, no drinking in camp, trust worthy, serious moose hunter, and does not have a problem with a persons age. (I'm retired, but fit)

MacGyver's a great guy, someone will get to go on a good hunt!

I would not go so far as to say that, hunting brush is never easy.

Does your guest have to have his/her own ATV or do you have an extra one? How far away from Anchorage (roughly) are you planning on going? And for how long?

You will need to have your own atv.

My game plan is to go in and hunt the area, depending on what we find we may want to come back and plan on spending over night hunting the area. At this time nothing in cut in stone.

How far?? that a hard one for me to say on a forum. Sorry