Thread: trailering sportsman 6x6 sideways

Default trailering sportsman 6x6 sideways

I know the max trailer width is 102" and the 6x6 is 105" in length. Granted, if a person was being picky, if someone used hook style 3,500 lb straps on the outside of their stake box, you'd be about 1" wider per side, leaving one 1" over max width...
    Has anyone hauled theirs sideways? If so, do you raise the rear up to drop the nose down to be within limits? If my math is correct... would need to have the rear raised approx 2' to gain the 3". All it takes is one smart trooper, and that extra 3 inches off the passenger side of the trailer can cost more than its worth. Don't feel like taking off the winch brackets and front rack on the side of the road. Thanks

I have taken the chance and hauled long track snowmachines sideways and not had a problem but it is a risk thats for sure.

My brother got a ticket between Willow and Trapper Creek hauling sleds on his gooseneck trailer. He dropped 2 sleds along the road, slanted the rest and came back for the other 2. I think it was around $100 per sled. I am trying to plan out my trip, and seems that I'll be needing to squeeze 1 6x6 on the beaver tail of my trailer. I think if he had loaded it flush with driver side and overhang passenger side it might have been okay, but that was a "what I should have done thought" for him. I always have anything hanging off the trailer/truck is out of the right side. I'm only 3" over, so a few pieces of dunnage on the one ramp, and the other ramp straight up against the front of the machine would work. The load would be more secure with it across both rear ramps though.

Quote Originally Posted by duhibrokeit View Post
    My brother got a ticket between Willow and Trapper Creek hauling sleds on his gooseneck trailer. He dropped 2 sleds along the road, slanted the rest and came back for the other 2. I think it was around $100 per sled. I am trying to plan out my trip, and seems that I'll be needing to squeeze 1 6x6 on the beaver tail of my trailer. I think if he had loaded it flush with driver side and overhang passenger side it might have been okay, but that was a "what I should have done thought" for him. I always have anything hanging off the trailer/truck is out of the right side. I'm only 3" over, so a few pieces of dunnage on the one ramp, and the other ramp straight up against the front of the machine would work. The load would be more secure with it across both rear ramps though.
    $100 per sled! Time for me to go buy a 4 place trailer.

it was either $800 or $1000... 25' gooseneck Nonetheless ruined the weekend

If it was my fine, I would have remembered

Quote Originally Posted by duhibrokeit View Post
    it was either $800 or $1000... 25' gooseneck Nonetheless ruined the weekend
    That one hurt the wallet!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    $100 per sled! Time for me to go buy a 4 place trailer.
    Yeah hurry and get one... So I can use it...