Thread: freezer talk

Default freezer talk

im sure that more than a few of you are facing the dilemma of what to do with last years kill in order to make room for this years... fret no more, for i have your solution! give it to me and i will make sure my family properly disposes of any and all meat you need to get rid of... all species welcome.. thanks

I know that the food banks in our area welcome frozen meat of all sorts, along with the pounds of extra zucchini and cabbage. The recipients are always very thankful, we even offer recipies like chocolate zucchini bread to help the families make something yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by snowladyak View Post
    I know that the food banks in our area welcome frozen meat of all sorts, along with the pounds of extra zucchini and cabbage. The recipients are always very thankful, we even offer recipies like chocolate zucchini bread to help the families make something yummy!
    OH i want that recipe

Jenn's Choolate Zucchini Bread

3/4 C Butter, soft
    2 C Sugar
    3 Large Eggs
    2 C Grated Zucchini
    1/2 C Milk
    2 t Vanilla
    2 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
    2 1/2 t Baking Powder
    1 1/2 t Baking Soda
    1/2 t Salt
    1 t Ground Cinnamon
    3/4 C Cocoa Powder
    1 C Chopped Pecans

Pre heat oven to 350. In a large bowl beat butter til creamy, add sugar a little bit at a time, beat til creamy. Add eggs one at a time beating til creamy between each egg, then set aside. In a new bowl combine zucchini, milk, vanilla, and set aside. In a third bowl combine flour and the next five ingredients, mix well. Mix together zucchini and butter mixture. Gradually add flour mixture to the zucchini mixture, once well combined stir in pecans. Spoon batter into two well greased (or buttered) loaf pans and bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until a wodden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool a for a few minutes in the pans, then turn onto a wire rake to cool completely. Enjoy!