Thread: Snowmachine accident at Arctic Man

Default Snowmachine accident at Arctic Man

I had someone hit the steps on my RV at Arctic Man. The damage is repairable but whoever it was really lucked out. From what we can put together, the right ski hit the steps deflecting the machine away from the slideout that would have killed the rider. The next thing they hit was the propane bottle that deflected the sled from the sled trailer behind my RV. It was only luck that saved their bacon.

If your sled was damaged by your kid, and the sled was damaged on the right side, slap them as hard as you can for doing the wrong thing, not taking responsibility for what they did. Then hug them because you almost lost them... I don't care about the repair... Just tell me they are okey.

Bummer about the RV, but also good news you didn't have to find a body laying there!

Sounds like everyone survived AM this year. Seems like there is always 1 or 2 that don't make it for whatever reason.

Last time I was there was '97 and a guy died after highmarking and falling off a 1000' cliff on the back side of the hill he went up.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I am glad no one got killed this year but ifyou think about what I have described, you can see the outcome could have been completely different. I normally put my steps in when I leave, I am glad I didn't this time.

I guess some of you are wondering how I know the person did the wrong thing. The put all the things that they hit back almost to the original place. Like the crab pot and the propane bottle weren't in the indentations they were earlier but were dented and scratched up. Things like that... Oh and I almost forgot, there was a little blood on the snow that the troopers looked at just about where the sled had come to a stop. Looked like they bit their lip and were spitting blood. All this tells me they stopped and could have left a note. I guess I am a bit too optimistic in my faith in my fellow man that I expect honorable actions...