Thread: Fairbanks Sat phone rental

Default Fairbanks Sat phone rental

Where is the best place to rent a sat phone in Fairbanks? Closer to th airport or walmart is better but not required.

What is the average cost?

And most important what model is the lightest?

Don, Surveyor's Exchange in Fbks is the place I've used. Think it's $75/week + $1.75/minute. They are off of College Road on Aurora.

It's the busy season though and they may not have one available, best to call ahead and find out, 452-6079. Don't recall the model # we rented in the past.

We just rented the 9555 from Surveyor's, light enough, and they finally got some smaller otter box cases for them so overall the weight was very manageable. Think we paid $85/week, something odd like $12.14 per additional day, and bushrat was correct, the rates are still $1.75 per minute. We were also able to receive free incoming texts...not sure what outgoing were, didn't stare at the bill that close.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Don, Surveyor's Exchange in Fbks is the place I've used. Think it's $75/week + $1.75/minute. They are off of College Road on Aurora.

It's the busy season though and they may not have one available, best to call ahead and find out, 452-6079. Don't recall the model # we rented in the past.
    if they are all out.. i beleive Radio Fairbanks just down college from there... also carried the sat phones.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks guys, toss up between ordering to my house and taking with me or getting while there. Opions? I would have to rent for longer if mailed to me but it is one less thing to do before/after my hunt (I am DIY and have no vehicle)