Thread: Track shipment

Default Track shipment

Well my snowmachine is about due for a new track as it is getting pretty torn up.

I found the track I want online, but shipping to Alaska they said would be extra as well all know far to well. However shipping to the lower 48 is free(go figure).

My question is what is the cheapest way to ship a track up here?

I have had a couple shipped free to Lynden Transport in Fife, WA, then you just pay the barge cost to Anchorage. Check there website, and give them a call for details. I imagine other companies do it also, but I have had good luck w/them.

Carlile just started an Alaska resident ground shipping program. Find out the dimensions of the track's box, and weight, and you can enter it in the Carlile website's calculator. You then pick it up at the Carlile terminal when it arrives up here. They say transit time from Seattle is about 3 days.

Have you checked out Alaska Snowmachine Salvage? They have a bunch of tracks for many makes and models.

I bought a track from TracksUSA last year and shipping from Minnesota to AK was $60, but the track itself was $400 less than what the dealer wanted so I still saved over $300.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I agree with the Carlile option. I often buy stuff in the states and have it free dropped shipped to them in Tacoma, then just pay the little extra to get it here.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I've shipped a bunch of tracks and got a few, I usually wrap um in the packaging plastic and end up parcel post, it's only $25-$30 IIRC