Thread: Looking for a hunting partner

Default Looking for a hunting partner

Hello all. I'm new to the forums and have been in Alaska since June. I'm an avid duck and goose hunter and am excited about hunting in a new state for fowl. I am military(JBER), and have not had the opportunity to meet other fellow wing shooters on base, so I thought I would try here. If there is anybody that would like a hunting partner I would love to accompany you, or you with me. I'm decent on the calls, have decoys, a couple of jerk rigs, mojo, and ability to rent a boat from base. I will be taking leave from Sept 1-Sept 15th just for duck hunting. I've been doing my homework and scouting as well. I've checked out the Hayflats, a few spots along the Knik, the coastal point just past Reflection Lake, and Mudd lake near Jim's Creek.

Thanks for checking the post.

Hunt opening weekend, but save your vacation for last week sept or first week oct. sometimes can stay good a while after that, all up to weather. local ducks get shot out pretty quick and things stay fairly slow until northern ducks come in. Bud
    Wasilla

Sounds good. I was thinking along similar lines, especially with this warm weather being so close to the season. I will be out hunting just about every weekend I can during the rest of the season as well. Thank you for the heads up.

Brooks,

I'll be out of town opening weekend so I won't even be hunting. However, my hunting buddy, also on JBER, is looking for someone to go with him. I'll pass this information along to him. I know he was looking for someone to head out and try to do some shooting.

Like Blackdawg said, I'd hold on to your leave. First off, opening weekend is going to be mayhem and then most of the birds in the area will leave and your leave will be spent looking for birds and having a hard time finding them. Wait until a bit later and when the migrators start showing up from further north and west, you'll have some better shoots. Good to hear you've been out scouting and doing your part, too.

That would be great if you passed the info along. As for the leave, it's the only time that was available to take. First few days will be like Normandy, and I'm sure it will be slow, but that's okay. I enjoy just being able to get out there. Next year I will be able to take better days I hope. When you get back, if you would like some company please let me know.

I get back on the 12th but then I am going moose hunting until the 17th. I'll get in touch if we have a spot in the boat after that!

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    I get back on the 12th but then I am going moose hunting until the 17th. I'll get in touch if we have a spot in the boat after that!

That would be amazing. I'd be more than happy to pitch in for expenses.

Hey brooks get a hold of me I might be interested in going out. Txt me and we can figure something out. Ducksanddogs told me about the thread. 9073518585

Default Looking for a hunting partner

If your going to mud lake bring someone with you to help portage you're boat.

Hey Brooks,

Im also JBER. However I Have never done any duck hunting. I am really wanting to get into it this year. If you need don't mind taking a newbie out and on a Thursday or Friday, I would love to go. I have hunted my whole life just never ducks. Just looking to learn the ways.

Thanks
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bboarding3 View Post
    Hey Brooks,

Im also JBER. However I Have never done any duck hunting. I am really wanting to get into it this year. If you need don't mind taking a newbie out and on a Thursday or Friday, I would love to go. I have hunted my whole life just never ducks. Just looking to learn the ways.

Thanks
    Brad

I would not mind at all. I will see what I have available.Are Thurs and Fridays the only days you have avail?

Quote Originally Posted by USAFBROOKS33 View Post
    I would not mind at all. I will see what I have available.Are Thurs and Fridays the only days you have avail?
    Right now, yes. Those are my scheduled days off. You got to love military work schedules. I could do some evening hunts on the weekends. Thanks.

Currently looking for a hunting partner, around Anchorage area, who wouldnt mind showing me the way of hunting small game.