Thread: fish politics

Default fish politics

interesting choice Gov. Parnell made on his fisheries advisor. I don't know much about her experience or knowledge, but have heard some good things on comments in some older news about her. I think this is likely a good choice. I am not one to generally approve of our gov, but I like this appointment as far as I can currently tell.

http://deckboss.blogspot.com/search/label/Moreland

Before she went to work in Lisa's office, Stefanie was an assistant to the Commissioner under both Denby and Cora, mainly working on NPFMC issues and occasionally sitting in the State's Council seat when the Commish couldn't be there. I met/talked with her many times when the Council working through Amendment 91, the Bering Sea Chinook bycatch measures. She's very smart and capable.

Thanks MRFISH! I don't think I've ever met her, but, as I said, did read some good comments. It's good to hear from a poster like yourself, about it. Great to hear that she's smart and capable. The more rational people there are the more rational the eventual decisions are....