Thread: Arctic Cat Guage Display

Default Arctic Cat Guage Display

I recently bought an Arctic Cat TRV (the one with the second one up seat). Seems when I go faster than about 25mph the guage display turned off, looks like at one time it was rolled. It runs perfect but would be nice to have the guage work. Seems to me it is mostly likely the LCD Guage as it also has a crack in it. Figured I'd do a swing test and swap with a new one but at $250 a piece I'd like to not just order a guage and have the issue not fixed.

Any thoughts in the matter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Our two up won't go over 15mph on the guage. I have four Arctic Cat wheelers and all have had guage issues at one time or another. Swapping them out will work, but in my experience it will just die again in a couple years. BTW..enjoy that TRV. We just took ours out for it's first real off-road ride and it killed my other machines when it came to climbing hills and going over tussaks. The longer wheelbase is really nice.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Arctic Cat Guage Display

If someone mad an old school mechanical fuel gauge for the cats they would sell a whole lot of em!!

I have a TRV which runs great but when it was new the guage would blink off or just not run at all. After thinking of all sorts of high tech reasons, it turns out one of my battery cables was a little loose. It would display fine in the parking lot, but some bouncing when on the trail caused the problem.

I would certainly check battery connections since it is so simple to do. That said I have read of a lot of gauge problems being solved by pulling the gauge pod off and disconnecting the big plug on the back of the gauge and applying dielectric grease to the pins and reassembling it. Worth a shot. I know that I destroyed the plastic trim retainers when I pulled my gauge. I found that the exact same connectors as stock are available at lowes for about a dollar or for a little more they had some that used a threaded center pin that seem to work well and are much easier to remove.

As Doug said, the Arctic Cat gauges seem to be plagued by issues.

It's an Artic Cat. Enough said.