Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose spot on Fort Wainwright

Default Moose spot on Fort Wainwright

Good vehicle trail way down Brigadier rd, 13.3 miles from intersection with Johnson/Quarry... almost all the way to the "golf ball" structure up on the hill you will see the trail heading down to the right.

I just think that these spots shouldnt be a secret anymore. The army owes Alaskans the chance to hunt on their land and my son always got a moose his first couple days out. I never went myself but i work out there so i saw them working on it this summer. You have to get a permit from Wainwright environmental office.

Quote Originally Posted by tbj436 View Post
    Good vehicle trail way down Brigadier rd, 13.3 miles from intersection with Johnson/Quarry... almost all the way to the "golf ball" structure up on the hill you will see the trail heading down to the right.

I just think that these spots shouldnt be a secret anymore. The army owes Alaskans the chance to hunt on their land and my son always got a moose his first couple days out. I never went myself but i work out there so i saw them working on it this summer. You have to get a permit from Wainwright environmental office.

1. Since when does the Army owe you anything?
    2. Anyone can hunt, fish, hike, etc on military reservations if they stop at the front gate and get the permit which is free.
    3. When I have hunted on military reservations in Alaska I have seen more civilians hunting there than military.

Unless your directions are off a little, or my map is.... you're advising people to hunt in a closed impact area.
    And a Radiation hazard as well.

Yes, the YTA has moose. but let's all be safe and watch where we are going.

info at 353-9686 for the DNR on Ft. Wainwright.

USATRAK 353-3181 for recording of restricted and open areas to hunt.

Chris

Nice first post darn the cats out of the bag now where ever are we to hunt with the hoards and crowds that will surely come to your advice.

Umm. News flash. Nothing up there is a secret. If its less known, then that's the publics fault or perhaps carries less than ideal interests.

Your gripe has nothin to do with the military so don't pretend it's the Army's fault that 15,000 people dont hit the area annually looking for a moose.

It's not trampled because there are better places to hunt.

I worked with 3 guys who regularly went up to FTW and killed 2-3 loose annually. All 3 were civilians.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Hope you and your son also obtain a RAP card or you will be charged with trespass and have your moose yanked away!

Wow that is doozy of a 1st post. Alaskans land I think that is federal land then again i coudl be wrong no I'm right. Like Bronco said seen more civilains hunting on post than Soldiers...

What kils me the most with this post you say the Army owes the Alaskans... Every year Soldiers get on here and people come along and say words to this effect "oh just another Soldier wanting to get everything in 3 years and leave".

Why did you post this when you even say all you have to do is get a permit from Ft Wainwright environmental office... What you want free reign on Ft Wainwright and go do your own thing?

Can you explain the purpose of your post?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

How is that spot a secret? It's nothing new. Just because you finally got out and looked around doesn't mean it was a secret. Congratulations on finding where all moose hide come September 1st. The military owes you NOTHING. If any one owes anything it's you. Your welcome for being able to own firearms and to be able to hunt. No need to thank anyone the next time you see a Soldier. You people piss me off. I usually let this stuff go but you just set me off with this post. Some of you talk so much **** about the military but then when they start talking about pulling units out of Eielson everyone is up in arms about losing jobs. Just like civilians, 99% of Soldiers are good people, there are always a few rotten apples. And the military didn't make them that way, parents like you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Don't worry the yta is closed for moose season due to annual red flag event

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Lol that's funny sucks to be him

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    I thought Red Flag ended last week?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    How is that spot a secret? It's nothing new. Just because you finally got out and looked around doesn't mean it was a secret. Congratulations on finding where all moose hide come September 1st. The military owes you NOTHING. If any one owes anything it's you. Your welcome for being able to own firearms and to be able to hunt. No need to thank anyone the next time you see a Soldier. You people piss me off. I usually let this stuff go but you just set me off with this post. Some of you talk so much **** about the military but then when they start talking about pulling units out of Eielson everyone is up in arms about losing jobs. Just like civilians, 99% of Soldiers are good people, there are always a few rotten apples. And the military didn't make them that way, parents like you did.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! I felt the anger from that post all the way over here!!

I bet the guy is one of those whiny/lazy/takes their sweet time about everything DA civilian. The same kind who talk down to soldiers like their better than they are when working with them. Oh I cant do this, or I cant do that, its not in my contract, whaa, whaa, whaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! I felt the anger from that post all the way over here!!

I bet the guy is one of those whiny/lazy/takes their sweet time about everything DA civilian. The same kind who talk down to soldiers like their better than they are when working with them. Oh I cant do this, or I cant do that, its not in my contract, whaa, whaa, whaa.
    I bet he works in finance.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    LOL, yeah that would sound about right too.

Oh, we dont want to be taking this thread off course though with our 'snippets'.....wouldnt want to upset people now would we?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Ah finance the king of giving the run around right behind them is mpd

I think the rant about the Army owing Alaskans was a cover up to what the OP intent was... I think the OP was trying to bust someones hunting area/plans out on the forum because they (the OP) weren't invited back to said hunting area. Perhaps a former employee?

Anyone with interest in a cow tag in 20B has investigated that area.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

A cow tag or looking for "any bull".

"...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    That's not nice. My other half works at mpd.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post

You must either be referring to one of two places.. The MPD at JBER or the FT Wainwright Military Police Department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast