Thread: grouse/ptarmagin

Default grouse/ptarmagin

hey everyone! hows the grouse hunting i just got 2 with a buddy the other day. first day out. two spruce. havent gotten ptarmagin. are they up on hatchers yet? or where are they starting to show up? just askin a general area looking to shoot one each with my buddy. also, where is good terrain for ruffed ive only seen one in alaska and i was wondering where i could get one. just a male, im looking to try and mount one my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhunter1997 View Post
    hey everyone! hows the grouse hunting i just got 2 with a buddy the other day. first day out. two spruce. havent gotten ptarmagin. are they up on hatchers yet? or where are they starting to show up? just askin a general area looking to shoot one each with my buddy. also, where is good terrain for ruffed ive only seen one in alaska and i was wondering where i could get one. just a male, im looking to try and mount one my self.
    Not necicerrally asking where maybe just how??

Here is a link with a wealth of information : http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...unting.species . Enjoy the reading and good luck hunting those tasty birds !