Thread: Placer river moose hunt

Default Placer river moose hunt

Spent 2 days trying to help the kid get her antlerless moose tag, but no luck. Hunted on the other side of Loebner Lake with a 6 ft ladder for spotting. No moose but saw a little black bear. Did not see many silvers in Loebner.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Were you guys in the blue raft camped on the gravel bar mid-way to Spencer? If so, we passed you on the train this morning while you were packing up. Just down stream from where you were camped there was a 36"ish bull chasing a cow around on the lake-side of the tracks. Bummer your hunt didn't pan out. Hope it was some great time with your daughter!

The train is a great way to get an idea of what's where. Then you can whistle stop.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Congratulations on your daughter's draw. My daughter and I did it two years ago...PM sent.

ITURNER8, Yep, we had a small blue Aire Puma next to the stop at Loebner. The good news, Hannah finished off George Orwell's 1984 while I spotted for cows. Don't think we will be able to hunt this anymore until maybe October as the kid is in too many AP courses at South.

You need to get her a schedule at south like mine for the first semester for hunting purposes. Four classes, two of which give homework! Granted the ap classes can't be taken for one semester.

To anyone going up the Placer River to Moose hunt, I have aerial photos of the creek and some ideas on how to do this, even though we were unsuccessful.

Take the train to Seward. Runs right tho the area,
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Mkay, I know we r 4 weeks behind ur hunt and now with all this rain the river is crazy blown out. We tried a hunt down there today for a bull tag but could not get the jet up there and walked the tracks. Just wondering if u still had those photos and any ideas on what and where to try it again. We may have to stick to he track side. Give me ur thoughts. Thanks for any advice!!
    tm

Can't help your hunt but try & monitor the amount of time you spend walking the tracks.
    They can & will give tickets if you are on the mainline rightaway to much in that area. It all depends on who is around.

AK, thanks for the info. We did hear that and don't want to piss anyone off but are running out of options. Surprised this remote state has an issue with that oh well!!

If you can get up the Placer to the railroad bridge over the outlet to the lake (maybe 5 river miles), there is a sandbar across the river. You can camp there and walk inabout 100 yards to the west. From there you can spot almost all the way to the other end of the valley. You need a 6 ft ladder to glass and chest waders. From the air it was the most open spot of land. Hunted 2 days and saw zilch back in august.