Thread: Barney's Sport Chalet

Default Barney's Sport Chalet

Had a small issue with an order and thought that I would share the outcome. I will say that Bob is a very honest and understanding businessman. He stands behind his products and will do whatever he can to fix an issue. I would like to publicly thank him and advise anyone looking for quality outdoor products to look there first. If you can support him vs cabelas or sportsman.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I stop in on a routine basis, but not at the right time to see Bob. Up until last week I hadn't run into him in the store for about 6-8 months. He remembered my name, last purchase and where I mentioned I was headed on my next hunt and asked how my tent was working out.

For a guy that crosses paths with so many outdoorsman, it says a lot for him to remember me by name let alone my tent and hunt.

So kudos for sure. Customer relations goes a very, very long way.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

oh bobs good....gonna be hard for someone to beat him on the customer service part of things....and his memory..TWB hit it...the guys unreal. so's the crap he sells.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Bob is top notch! Several years ago I ordered a tent with very little time before I left on a hunt. I couldn't make it to town for a couple days but he placed the order based on my word over the phone alone. I made good and that tent has served me well from Kodiak to the Brooks. I just picked up a set of boots from them this past weekend as well and will continue to shop there long after the new big box store sets up shop by the airport!!

Amen that!!!! Bob's a good guy!

Brett

He's doing it right. The gear is awesome in there and it sells itself. Jut have to kick back and enjoy the people.

That new Brooks Range tent almost had me from Hello.

Thanks to Kevin and Chris as well.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I love Barney's, I just wish my wallet did. Top notch stuff.

I can't really beat up on Barney's, though they screwed up repeatedly on a pack order I placed. There seems to be a lack of attention to certain necessary things. My frame arrived weeks later than promised. It also arrived missing key components which I quickly discovered. Barney's ended up shipping 2 additional (priority) packages to me containing the missing parts, which I had to install. The end result is I finally got a completed packframe many weeks later, and Barney's ended up making less money.

Don't misinterpret my words here: The staff at Barney's took care of the problems and gave me no grief. As a business owner, I know that this stuff is 100% unnecessary and has to be prevented. It simply comes down to paying attention and accountability. Mistakes cost money.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Barney's again in the future. I might be asking them more questions and following up more closely on an order. Good store.

it seems most mix up's are orders and not walk in's?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212