Thread: Carrying Shotguns/Rifles while hunting

Default Carrying Shotguns/Rifles while hunting

I'm looking for a scabbard or similiar device to attach my shotgun/rifle to my backpack. I'd like it to be something that will keep the firearm out of the way while hiking, yet still provide easy access when needed. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

I am not sure if this is a lot more obvious of an answer than what you were looking for, but try this link:

http://www.barneyssports.com/itemDes...d=2&prodid=596

This is the system my dad and I have used for as long as I can remember. It attatches to the side of your pack via pins, and the top is velcro so if you do need access to it just reach up, tear the velcro and the gun is in your hands. There are also various designs to the same idea that have pros and cons. Try a google search to find these other designs.

Thinking about all my gear I have in storage I remembered that if are talking day pack, I really like one that I bought from cabelas. Here is the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...pack&noImage=0

It is definatly more difficult to get to the rifle/bow, but hiking with your weapon in the backpacks holster is really smooth and comfortable. Hope this helps.

Thumbs up Nimrod

The best rifle scabbard I have seen, I haven't used one though, is made by Nimrod Packs. It looks awesome. They have a lot good looking equipment and packs. They originally started making packs for wildland fire fighters. Check them out at www.nimrodpacks.com

I was looking for something along those lines as well and then came across a MUCH BETTER solution. A holster for a rifle or shotgun! I purchased one of these puppies and it is great! It was designed by a former USAF Security Forces member..figures a great invoation comes from one of these guys!

Check out the website, look at the photos & videos, and decide for yourself.

http://www.gunslingercorral.com/

I will second BIGSWEDE on recommend you check out the products from NImrod. The down side is that they are Wool and heavy (compared to a cheapy nylon) The up side is they are as tough as it gets. I have one that is 9 years old. Used hard about 70 - 100 days a year.