Thread: Cresent Lake Grayling

Default Cresent Lake Grayling

Son and I did the annual hike into Cresent Lake and the fish did not disappoint. Stayed at the cabin for the weekend, caught some giant grayling! Weather kicked up and white caps were on the lake. Forced us to fish in the stream instead but, still a great time. Hiked out in the rain. I guess it was a good tune up for our upcoming DC0001 caribou hunt. Also stopped at Quartz on the way home and chased some trout. Great fun with the dollies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice grayling

Catching the fish, weekend in the cabin with dad and hiking out in the rain will be memories your son will keep forever...nicely done.

Nice fish man!

Looks like a nice trip for you. I have the Crescent cabin and the saddle cabin booked in September for a hike out Carter Lake trail and I'm looking forward to it. I remember hiking up to Crescent Lake with my daughter 25 years ago. She was little then, and I had to keep lieing to her that the cabin was just around the corner to keep her moving or she would have given out on the trail. We still laugh about that today when we go hiking together. "Its just around the corner"

Nice fish! About how long is the hike in. (a decent shape 50 and 30 year old)
    Thanks

The hike is about 6 and a half miles one way. It took us 3 hours going in and 2 and a half coming out. You can also take the Carter lake trail. I've never hiked it before it's only 3 miles but very steep.

We rented MT Bikes in Soldtna and hiked/biked the trail. The ride back was fun and thank god I took it slow. There were som trecherous tuns that wukd have ended badly if our group was going to fast. If you do decide to do this make sure you get a bike with shocks....

Yep its easy to get smokin' when coming off that mountain on a bike. I went over the handlebars one year and was very grateful to only get my pride hurt.
    cl8.JPGcl24.JPG

Nice Mike! A good start to gettin' that kids legs in shape for basketball season.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Im assuming there is a boat with the cabin rental??
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Yup the cabins got a jon boat two oars and plenty of life jackets.