Thread: Returning Soldiers looking for charter in October

Default Returning Soldiers looking for charter in October

Group of Soldiers returning from Afghanistan are looking for a charter to take them out for halibut around the second weekend of October.

Does anyone know of any charters still running then? They'd prefer closest to Anchorage (Whittier) but will go south. Looking for full boat (6-8 guys) for the whole day.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsFish2 View Post
    Group of Soldiers returning from Afghanistan are looking for a charter to take them out for halibut around the second weekend of October.

Does anyone know of any charters still running then? They'd prefer closest to Anchorage (Whittier) but will go south. Looking for full boat (6-8 guys) for the whole day.

Thank you
    There are still quite a few charters running out of Homer at that time if you feel like coming down this far. Though most of them are running winter king charters. The bigger halibut tend to start migrating out to deeper waters when the temps drop, so a lot of people don't target them that late. But there are still halibut around.

And before some jerk starts accusing me of trying to drum up business for myself on the forum, I can't take 6 to 8 people halibut fishing, so I couldn't take you even if I wanted to.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    I can't take 6 to 8 people
    What's your boats capacity?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    What's your boats capacity?
    That's a tough question to answer. I'm not sure what the ACTUAL manufacturer's stated capacity is, but I can seat 7 adults, but they'd all have to be pretty good friends. But when I book charters I won't book more than 5 people at the most for comfort reasons and because you can really only fish 4 people at a time off the back deck. Then I only have a 5 person halibut permit, so even if 6 people wanted to go along that were REALLY good friends and didn't mind being crowded I could only allow 5 people to fish.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Default Returning Soldiers looking for charter in October

That's why I go with mutt (Coho Dave) cause I don't have to be friends with anyone else cause the boat would be just myself!! Lol well I guess coho Dave and his first mate penny are allowed. Anyway Dave get whatever business u can however you want. Any other business would do the same. Happy fishin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

I usually head over to the Seward Military resort for Halibut charters when I'm on the peninsula but they run Memorial to Labor Day. You could try giving them a call and see if they can put you in touch with one of the 4 Charter Captains and see if they'd take care of you. Seward Resort most likely won't be able to do anything but the Captains may. They've always been good to me but I've never tried Halibut in October out of Seward. They will most likely run to Montague and that can be a nasty transit closer to winter.

http://sewardresort.com/charterboatmain.html