Thread: Kenai Silvers

Default Kenai Silvers

I've gone 3 times in August and have yet to boat a silver, anyone doing any better?

I have gone three times and caught one. My son did get one last night in a half hour. I have heard from everyone that it has been really spotty or worse. Water has clouded up a bit which should help.

im really not much a a silver guy, from my understanding they just wait for one big run then they push up? Is it looking like its going to be a weak run? or are they just running late?

The Kenai is big enough that they will run fairly steady. The early run starts the end of July, through August, with the peak usually in mid August. This years run is well below average from all I have seen and heard. It looks a lot like a repeat of many of the king and silver runs through out the state this year.

Quote Originally Posted by akcarv View Post
    The Kenai is big enough that they will run fairly steady. The early run starts the end of July, through August, with the peak usually in mid August. This years run is well below average from all I have seen and heard. It looks a lot like a repeat of many of the king and silver runs through out the state this year.
    Thanks I was wondering if I was loosing my touch! Talked to a guy at work today that has lost 1 at the boat in 5 trips so far this August!

In four Trips we have managed to pick up at least one in all trips but one. The water has been super clear so the fish are super spooky. And with all the pinks prolly isn't helping a lot. This rain should cloud the water a bit and hopefully calm them a bit.

Default Kenai Silvers

Went out a couple hours today. Only a couple pinks to the boat. A friend had six in the boat 2 days ago. He said early morning after the flood, using k-13s with sardines. No luck using eggs/spin n glos.

Any updates on Kenai silvers?

its humpalicious right now, still some silvers to be found but the humpies are in at full force.

The pinks are definately getting very dark now, we kept one all day saturday, turned a bunch loose.