Thread: TC Youth Impact VS TC Endeavor

Default TC Youth Impact VS TC Endeavor

Well, fianlly had a decent weekend to shoot - mid 60's, overcast and no wind! Last good range sesson was mid May due to blistering heat hear in IL!
    Grabbed a TC Impact I set up for a neighbor boy to take him on his first deer hunt and some 223gn Powerbelts fueled with 75gns of Shockey Gold loose powder ( I have several lbs to burn up - dirty powder ). And, I grabbed my TC Pro Hunter to fine tune it a bit with 250gn TC Super Glides. I also thru in a bag of some TC 240gn HP Cheap Shot Sabots I had just bought as a low cost plinking round.
    The Impact shot lights out at 50 yards with the Powerbelts - then I shot the Pro hunter at 75yds - the Shockwaves were OK but about 1.5in was average for 3. Then for giggles I shot 5 of the Cheap Shots - well, you can see 5 under 1.5in - I did not expect that and may be hunting with them! I grabbed the Impact for fun and shot 1 at 75 and hit bullseye dead center!
    My routine was shoot - run a TC Cleraning and seasoning patch in and out 3 times and shoot again. After a sting of 5 I put on a fresh patch and repeated process. I was shooting 100 gns of 777 pellets in the Pro Hunter - first time I have ever used it and it was noticeably cleaner than Shockeys...

When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Nice work!!

Triple 7 rules...much more consistant than others I have tried.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Thanks Lowrider, I did like the 777 - I need to try some heavier bullets in my Pro Hunter and see if that tightens the groups a bit more but def minute of deer for now!

Only had 2 gripes with the TC Impact I forgot to mention.
    1. While shooting it the recoil would drive a somewhat pointed corner on the bbl release mechanism back into my hand which smarted - I do not remember the youth saying anything about it hurting him last month when we first uncorked it but it is something to check out a bit more. Perhaps due to fit in my bigger hands it created this problem?
    2. Cleanup - well I confess to being a bit impatient and breaking this unit down was more complex than I though it needed to be. Took two different metric alan wrenches and 1 std alan - I did not read the manual to verify the odd differences and perhaps I just did not have the correct std ones for the 2 I thought metric - but anyway it was a bit clumsy to totally dismantle I thought. However, I had one heck of a time getting the hinge pin back in the Pro Hunter - ended up filing it down some - so can't give it an A+ either...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

OK, got my new hunting buddy 13 yr old "Stevie" out last Sat and he shotem up! The 240 grain Cheap Shot Sabot printed very well - however so did the 245 grain Powerbelts and those were much easier for him to load so thats our hunting round for the Oct Deer Hunt!

He put 20 into about a 5in circle ( target was a 6in overall ) at 50 yards - I think he is ready for his first deer hunt and the smile tells it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    ...I think he is ready for his first deer hunt....
    You've got a winner there.

020.jpg50 yards, 80 gr 777, 245gn powerbelt, complete pass thru taking out the heart and lungs! Story posted under Out n About section...
    Wahoooo!
    011.jpg

Can't beat that smile! Congrats to you both. It's a treat when things work out so well.