Thread: 20mile river info

Default 20mile river info

friend wants to know what kind of boat and motor recommended for driving up the 20mile river and what are the river conditions like..and safety tips please, thank you.

A jet or somebody else's prop.
    Wasn't treacherous, but I got tired of grinding gravel with my zodiac and 15hp prop.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

That all depends on who you talk to....

Ask my brother in law and he will tell you that it is the most dangerous river he has ever been on.

Ask some of the forum members on here that run jetboats up it full of tourist, and they will tell you it is a cake walk.

only one way to find out, just do it

Default 20mile river info

I did it with a surface drive mud motor. Not too bad if you have a little experience boating...chose one wrong line an ground bottom a little, other than that did fine.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Sharp turns, misc. trees and stumps sprinkled throughout the river. Tide also plays a role for launching and retrieving.
    If your a decent jet boat pilot, it's a fun river to run. If not, then it can be a little nerve racking....
    BK

We always use a john boat with a jet unit. Like bkmail said the launching can be tricky at low tide. Cross the bridges on the right side (looking up river). I have seen a few boats stuck on gravel bars and a couple of john boat that were destroyed way up river. The first 5 miles are not bad if you can read where the current is. After that there are tight turns and much faster water. Always wear your PFD!