Thread: Input on Options in Homer

Default Input on Options in Homer

Well we are headed out Friday and somewhere around the first of Sept we will make our way around towards Homer. Along with some fishing we are planning on renting 5 double kayaks at 65 dollars a day and touring around the bay

Not that we're that much into kayaking, just seemed an affordable way to see a part of the area........until I did some more reading and saw that there is a charge of 70 dollars each to ferry us across the bay.

There are 10 of us, so that is 700 dollars and 6 kayaks is 325 dollars............so just over a thousand dollars for the 10 of us to see the bay.

I'm thinking I should be able to charter a boat for less then 1000 dollars a day to just put around looking at the scenery, looking for Sea Otters and the chance to see some whales.

Thoughts............is that unrealistic for that time of year....I would think I could actually rent a boat for less then that.......any input would be appreciated.

Google knows. http://www.homerboatrentals.com/faq.html

The Bay is notorious for being very windy in the afternoons so that may put a hamper on your kayaking plans. Depends on your float plan...

Thanks cjjeeper, gave them a call and it is going to really work out well.

Default Input on Options in Homer

I've been on their 22' hewescraft, it's a super solid boat. The owners are good people too.