Thread: More Paddle Patch Kids

Default More Paddle Patch Kids

Once again had to disappoint my clients with nothing even close to a ping pong paddle. And once again just kept on coming up with these really ugly and funny looking fish. Sure wish they'd leave my favorite ping pong paddles alone.
    47lb and 49lb lings.jpgmelissas 27.2lb yelloweye.jpg
    Unfortunately Melissa ended up having to take that 27.2 lb. yelloweye up to the Jackpot Halibut Derby cabin and get it weighed on the official scale so she could go through the laborious process of getting an ADF&G Trophy Fish Certificate to hang on her wall. I feel like I'm tarnishing my spotless reputation by catching three Trophy Fish Certificate qualifiers in the last couple of weeks.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Nice lings muttley!
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

And yellow eye too
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Holy yellow eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

I may have to set up an appointment to join you on your boat after I get back from Afghanistan in september. I have not pulled a quality fish out in a while

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by NhraFox View Post
    I may have to set up an appointment to join you on your boat after I get back from Afghanistan in september. I have not pulled a quality fish out in a while
    Well don't forget that I really specialize in catching the smallest fish possible. But apparently my being a "novice" at doing it is just getting me into trouble catching what most people consider "quality fish" like in the pictures. I'm not quite sure what's so special about them!

Well Muttley, I have only really put a good amount of pressure fishing the supermarket which dont get me wrong usually yields a 100% success rate but the price of bait tends to get expensive and lets not forget how crowded that fishing hole gets. I will shoot you a PM to see what kind of fun we can get into as I want to take my wife along with me (she also just got back from the sandbox) and she has never fished for "larger" species of fish.. hell she has only been fishing 1 other time and that was when we were home on R&R leave and I took her fishing for some kokanee in western washington (which she actually enjoyed doing).
    Attachment 62522Attachment 62523

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

dammit! Tim is gonna be bummed you got a bigger yelloweye... he was SO happy to get that 22 pounder....
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Those fish are lunkers! Nice job. I went out finally, had a boat available. I hit a paddle patch too, 5 hours total dock to dock, we would have got more salmon but oh well. Good fish Mutt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Dude! Nice yellow eye!!

How long were the lingoids?
    Best we got this year was 53", those look close if not bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Those fish are lunkers! Nice job. I went out finally, had a boat available. I hit a paddle patch too, 5 hours total dock to dock, we would have got more salmon but oh well. Good fish Mutt.
    Now that's what I call catchin a 'variety'! Nice job!

Dave! Gooch! You guys are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissy View Post
    dammit! Tim is gonna be bummed you got a bigger yelloweye... he was SO happy to get that 22 pounder....
    Yeah, I thought about Tim when Melissa pulled that one in. I felt bad for him, but not THAT bad! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjq View Post
    Dude! Nice yellow eye!!
    How long were the lingoids?
    Best we got this year was 53", those look close if not bigger.
    The 47 pounder was 50" and the 49 pounder was 51", but they both were really fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Thanks. Nice job on yours, too!!!

Yeah, we actually got halibut, too, but I was ashamed to post a picture of a catch of halibut that weren't ping pong paddles (all were about 20 lbs.). Seems to tarnish my reputation. There's a copper and black rockfish in there as well:
    IMG_4379.jpg

And we probably could have gotten some salmon, too, because there was a s#*t ton of bait around in the shallows near where we were and I kept asking them if they wanted to go try for some, but they were dead set on trying to catch the big halibut that were feeding on the little ping pong paddles we were so desperately trying to catch.