Thread: where are the silvers

Default where are the silvers

Has anyone heard of any good silver fishing on the parks hwy. yet . Seems like a tuff year , first the kings and now the silvers aren't showing up . What water would you guys suggest .
    chugbugs are for big bass -topwater!

Default Re: where are the silvers

Silvers have pretty much been a noshow all up and down the Parks. Sporadic clusters moving through here and there. Expecting the EOs to show up soon.

Try targeting chum. They give plenty of fight and are plentiful in the Parks creeks. Finding a silver in the mix would be a bonus.

All fishing will be on a drawing permit system soon. One fish every four years.

Sounds like its going to be a tuff year for silvers hope they come back next year , I remember 2009 was a low return of kings , what about the deshka , talketna or clear are they worth a shot ?
    chugbugs are for big bass -topwater!

Default Re: where are the silvers

I don't own a powerboat so I don't have any firsthand reports from boat access only areas. The reports I've heard are mostly bad, but a few good ones. Sounds like some people are finding the few groups but most are getting stragglers or none. Good trout fishing, however.