Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAFC and the summer of 2012

Default KAFC and the summer of 2012

KAFC, the organization that represents Joe 6 Pack, has been strangely absent during the UCI salmon wars this past summer. No TV interviews, no radio interviews or call in's, no newspaper interviews or letters to the editors, no "preserve the king's " rallies at ADF&G, no parades. Does KAFC still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin View Post
    KAFC, the organization that represents Joe 6 Pack, has been strangely absent during the UCI salmon wars this past summer. No TV interviews, no radio interviews or call in's, no newspaper interviews or letters to the editors, no "preserve the king's " rallies at ADF&G, no parades. Does KAFC still exist?
    You must not be a member. I've been getting my updates, and usually hear any news before it hits the presses. If you want to know what's up, or think KAFC should be doing something it is not, then why don't you give Dwight Kramer at KAFC a call?

Check 'em out at: http://www.kenaifisherman.org/
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Thanks. I will check them out. I guess I made the mistake in thinking that they represented sport fisherman and not just their members.

I guess I made the mistake in thinking that they represented sport fisherman and not just their members.
    Huh? Are you saying you think KAFC does not represent sport fishermen?

If you aren't sure who KAFC represents, you should at least read KAFC's goals, mission, and by-laws, or give Dwight a call at KAFC like I suggested.

As far as membership, your remarks remind me of the guy who complains about what government is doing, but doesn't vote. The advantage of being a member is that you join a group with a common interest. You can provide direct input and ideas, and become directly involved. You can make things happen yourself. Plus you can be put on KAFC's e-mail list, where Dwight will keep you updated on the issues, regulation changes, proposals, ADFG actions, and more. Keep in mind KAFC is a small grassroots organization with little or no funding, but a whole lot of volunteer and local heart trying to do the right thing. I'm sure they would welcome your input.

Website updated as of "April, 2011"..........

Hey, I think yukon should step up and help KAFC update their website. I think they are short-handed.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Website updated as of "April, 2011"..........
    Sounds ominous to me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye2em View Post
    Hey, I think yukon should step up and help KAFC update their website. I think they are short-handed.
    I don't think KAFC would accept me as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Sounds ominous to me . . .

om·i·nous
       [om-uh-nuhs] Show IPA

adjective
    portending evil or harm; foreboding; threatening; inauspicious: an ominous bank of dark clouds.

Yeah, thats it, "Ominous"

I don't think KAFC would accept me as a member.
    Why not?

As far as I know anyone can be a member. Did you do something "ominous", and that is why you posted about their web site?

I have done nothing to them, as a matter of fact I have had some good conversations with one of their founders. KAFC isn't real supportive of guides, I didn't think they accepted guides as their "joe fishermen".

Why not?

As far as I know anyone can be a member. Did you do something "ominous", and that is why you posted about their web site?

This is their claim, I assume. If they have been silent all summer, do they really represent Joe 6 pack?

I have done nothing to them, as a matter of fact I have had some good conversations with one of their founders. KAFC isn't real supportive of guides, I didn't think they accepted guides as their "joe fishermen".
    Their membership includes individuals who are guides. They just don't extend membership privileges to businesses and corporations. KAFC supports guides, they just don't support them when their organizations, proposals, and actions hurt the river and Joe Fisherman.

Yukon, has KAFC declined you membership?

Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    This is their claim, I assume. If they have been silent all summer, do they really represent Joe 6 pack?
    Are you Joe Fisherman? What is it you want them to be voicing? Did you call Dwight and ask him what KAFC is up to? Are you a member? If not, it's kinda weird to complain about representation, or what they aren't doing.

Their membership includes individuals who are guides. They just don't extend membership privileges to businesses and corporations. KAFC supports guides, they just don't support them when their organizations, proposals, and actions hurt the river and Joe Fisherman.

Yukon, has KAFC declined you membership?
    KAFC does not support guides.

Default Just the facts, please . . .

Can you reference, document, or otherwise corroborate that accusation?

Do you know your accusation to be fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Can you reference, document, or otherwise corroborate that accusation?

Do you know your accusation to be fact?
    Their positions on various issues (more restriction of guides) and converstions that I and others have had with them lead me to believe they are not supportive of guides. So Marcus, I can not say 100% sure that it is a fact, but the evidence I have experienced lead me to believe it.

That is odd. I know of at least two guides, and some retired guides, who are members of KAFC. I also know there were BOF issues that KAFC supported with the guides.

But I am not surprised KAFC wants more guide restrictions. That is the same thing Joe Fisherman wants. In lieu of the situation, that makes sense.

Anyway, you didn't answer my question:

"Yukon, has KAFC declined you membership?".....

They have not declined my membership, I don't intend to join. The truck that has a boat that fishes out of the Pillars with the KAFC sticker on it and the sticker with "Calvin" peeing on the boat that says "guides" on it is enough to keep me from joining..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast