Thread: Meat Processors in Fairbanks?

Default Meat Processors in Fairbanks?

Hey,
    We're headed up in a week and a half and need some advice on who to use to process our caribou meat. We really only need it boned out, put in boxes and frozen for out flight home. We'll do the rest when we get home. Thanks.

John

The fairbanks boys will be along soon to let you know. But there was one operation back in 08 or 10 hunters were having major issues with them, some folks if I recall never got there moose back major issues, not sure if can post the name of the buiseness heck they might have went out of buiseness. Think most just take there meat to Delta meats in Delta jct.

Delta gets my vote. Worth the trip!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    The fairbanks boys will be along soon to let you know. But there was one operation back in 08 or 10 hunters were having major issues with them, some folks if I recall never got there moose back major issues, not sure if can post the name of the buiseness heck they might have went out of buiseness. Think most just take there meat to Delta meats in Delta jct.

The place in question is still open for business and has new management, I have been taken my moose and bou there since 97 and never had an issue.
    I even had moose meat during the dark days a few years ago and still no issues, not to tute my own horn but if you keep meat clean it tends not to spoil. I seen some of the meat and game bags and there was alot of dirt on some of them.
    Not saying there wasnt some bad management factors in there but I will say it wasnt all the companys fault that some meat got spoiled

I agree the place I take my meat to has a sign up saying if it's been over 5 days ask if he will take it. Most cases he has to know you I guess. Probably got tired of taking in nasty dirty meat.