Thread: Some minor damage....hopefully

Default Some minor damage....hopefully

Went hiking last week, in hopes of seeing a blacktail, but in the process took several falls... as always. Later at home I noticed the scope slid all the way to the front mount and the mount has a pin protruding through the aluminum body. I will replace the mounts, but now wondering if there could be damage to the scope. No visible damage or fogging of the scope was noticed during or since the hunt.
    What would you guys do? Got a moose hunt coming up and possibly more blacktail adnventures, so i am a little worried about the scope somehow being damaged on the inside or bent?

P.S. No animal was taken duringImageUploadedByTapatalk1345090321.440732.jpg this hunt.

While the rings are on the way Iíd put the scope on another rifle and see if it still holds a zero. I imagine, with it looking fine outside, it will be fine unless itís a cheap scope.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    While the rings are on the way Iíd put the scope on another rifle and see if it still holds a zero. I imagine, with it looking fine outside, it will be fine unless itís a cheap scope.
    He nailed the answer. If it is a quality scope, you are probably OK but if it is a lower priced one, there could be a problem. Since you have a good hunt coming up, check it carefully or take it to a good gunsmith. Or just go buy another scope. You don't want problems when a huge moose should be visible in your scope.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Default Some minor damage....hopefully

Thanks, guys. It's a leupold rifleman3-9 scope. I will have to take your advice and try it on another rifle.

Iím 98% that a Leupold will be fine but Iíd still test for that 2% before itís too late to do anything about it and make your hunt.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I'm very happy with the Talley LW's on my 30-06 T-3. No movement shooting the Federal High Energy 3006TT4 loads. Hope you get a critter!