Thread: Last weekend on the 'Outa Wac' in Seward slammin Silvers-vid

Default Last weekend on the 'Outa Wac' in Seward slammin Silvers-vid

Had a great weekend fishing with Capt. Jim, Howard, Steve, and Chris out around Driftwood for the weekend. Limits of silvers and some halibut to go with. Did some fine dining, drinking and laughs from everybody while burning a bunch of fuel. We found our silvers deep between 40'-200'. The killer lure was the J-Plug (biggest fish) followed by the Apex spoon (most #`s) and the Coyote did it`s job. Hoochies did not fair well and actually never caught a fish at less than 40'. I caught one silver at about 200' on a 7oz. Candy Bar while working over some chickens...so anything can happen. On a side note, I used no bait all weekend and probably caught the most fish overall. Sure was cool to have a 90,000# boat on step...it`s a real mean machine with a pair of twin-turbo V-12s....I just smiled like a kid the whole time. Not my first time out with Jim but we usually just roam around at 12mph so 30 was pretty darn refreshing! According to Jim it is capable of north of 40mph....but **** expensive!

Here`s a video Steve put together along the way.

Tight lines guys!

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Default Last weekend on the 'Outa Wac' in Seward slammin Silvers-vid

Great Video, Excellent Fishing, Insane Boat, An Amazing Memory. Glad you had fun.

If I had that boat and unlimited funds I'd sell the house and live in that baby. That thing is larger than alot of apartments. Hell, food would be easy to get fresh daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Excellent!

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Sweet vid Charlie, loos like you all had a blast. Can't wait to get the Gringo back out on the water. Maybe this weekend I can break loose for a Saturday trip.
    TIGHT LINES...ALASKA!!
    2005 Trophy Pro 2359
    "Nut-N-Honey"

Wow!
    How did you made the underwater video? With a GoPro? Camera mounted to a stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans-Linus View Post
    Wow!
    How did you made the underwater video? With a GoPro? Camera mounted to a stick?
    Yes sir...gopro mounted on different things depending on the shot wanted.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Nice video, I heard the Kittywake calling you on the radio mid day on Saturday so I figured you were headed out farther the other way. We hit porcupine early sat. morning but timed it just right as the swells kept rolling in making it a pain to sit still there. So we headed over to the west side of rugged for the day, the same on Sunday & even tried out by the cape but most places were failry slow. Hopefully we can conncect next summer. I will probably holler at you this winter for some advice on installs.

dam that's a nice pdiddy yacht. what mileage it get?

I don't know how I could have not noticed that boat in Seward. Is it someone local or one of the out of state boats up here. Is it a Viking or other brand, and what is the hull length and power. As for the question on mileage, one of the other big Vikings once told me he burns about 6 gallons per mile at economy cruise. Very nice boat, and I am glad you got the opportunity to get out on it. Thanks for sharing.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Charterboat Operator

dang, i would almost be afraid of getting those decks bloody!!!
    what a vessle!!!
    oh yeah nice fish too

Quote Originally Posted by Jisler View Post
    dam that's a nice pdiddy yacht. what mileage it get?
    It burns around 27-30 gal/hr at 12 mph. North of 80 gal/hr at 25 mph. Eco cruising at 8 mph on one engine it does about 17 gal/hr.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I don't know how I could have not noticed that boat in Seward. Is it someone local or one of the out of state boats up here. Is it a Viking or other brand, and what is the hull length and power. As for the question on mileage, one of the other big Vikings once told me he burns about 6 gallons per mile at economy cruise. Very nice boat, and I am glad you got the opportunity to get out on it. Thanks for sharing.
    It`s a local boat now but only been here since late June....the name will change but it will stay. It is a 58' Viking with twin v-12 twin turbo diesels (roughly 2,400 horse power). I just had to bail on going for a 3 day this weekend but I`ve already had 3 long weekends out on it so I will survive. Lol

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    dang, i would almost be afraid of getting those decks bloody!!!
    what a vessle!!!
    oh yeah nice fish too
    I take great pride in making it as bloody as possible when out...fun to watch Jim when he comes downstairs and there is blood spatter on everything! It has a heck of a washdown system...fresh and raw at regular garden hose pressure so cleanup is a snap. Boat can make 660 gallons of fresh water a day...so we don`t scrimp on the cleaning.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Looks like another nice trip, Charlie. Too bad you didn't have more favorable weather. Is this a private boat or a charter?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Looks like another nice trip, Charlie. Too bad you didn't have more favorable weather. Is this a private boat or a charter?
    LOL...the weather was just plain horrible this time! It`s a private boat Pete. I have just been helping him out...it`s alot of boat to run and entertain at the same time. Jim usually fishes in the sound so I`m showing him around Seward...so far he is not impressed but it has been a tough summer for weather and the fish have been spotty. It`s weird...I actually did better fishing this spring.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

That looked like a fun trip.. I am very jealous of the on board vacuum packing... that was awesome.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

How did you get such awesome video footage? That's some incredible stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    It`s a local boat now but only been here since late June....the name will change but it will stay. It is a 58' Viking with twin v-12 twin turbo diesels (roughly 2,400 horse power). I just had to bail on going for a 3 day this weekend but I`ve already had 3 long weekends out on it so I will survive. Lol
    I just noticed the outtawac this weekend myself, Very nice boat. Very well kept. I passed by her probably 20 times over the last couple of evenings, and couldn't help but be impressed. E float seems like Viking city right now with the 49er and Stryder as company.