Thread: Fun in the Sun and Travel what a great week

Default Fun in the Sun and Travel what a great week

Just got off completing my back to back trips on the Upper Gulkana no pics this time although we took about 400 between us maybe later eh. Great weather and Summer Water levels makes for a good time.

If you are heading that way just fair warning the water is down and the outlet from Paxson is grassy / Slick and the Lakers have moved on and over IMO. Lots of spawning Reds makes for a good time either way as I always state find the salmon find the fish so a No Brainer.

Early on Red Tungsten Bead headed Black Bugger was top fly however as we moved into the main river Sculpzilla and standard extreme weighted Olive Buggers with Red Wire Wrap in the body seem to produce the most. As always anything Caddis or Trude you could raise a grayling. We did manage a couple of 20 inch class bows fishing size 8 Coachman trudes but the down and dirty fishing was heavy weighted Cone and Bead fishing.

The 2nd run of Reds is just entering the system strong however they have not made it above the Forks prob to the West Fork by the end of this weekend. Fair warning I have never seen so many bear tracks at the Forks in my life the last 6 bends were crossed by several sizes to include Black and Griz.

What was the most amazing part of the trip was the traffic I thought it was the 4th of July!! 8 different user groups we played hop-skip-and jump with most pushed through in the standard 3-4 days so the river opened up nice the last two days but busy early on for Mid August.

I highly doubt the weather pattern will hold so it was nice to be able to get 12 days of float fishing in with very little Drop Drop Drop.

For those of you still fishing enjoy! Someone has decided to send my to North Dakota for 3 weeks Grrr in the prime of it all.

Oh Well. Tight Lines anf Best Wishes

Richard "Moose" Mousseau
    www.bluemooseraft.com
    907-460-7758

Default Pics mid August Trip

John, George, Ron and Raj Pics.

Fishing as always was fine and Catching was reasonable as well.

Raj had never fly fished before and ended up catching a nice 20 plus in Rainbow which was a Big Plus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8104120.jpg   P8094105.jpg  

Default And More

Rafting versus fish picutres however worth sharing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8094108.jpg   P8124147.jpg  

Great Photos Moose!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default Back lost connectivity for a while MiFi in Wahalla ND.

Thanks Big-Cox I try hard to sort through them for sharing way to many photo's this year. Guess it ain't so bad considering we are going back to permitting a some guiding so hopefully they will let people know who just want to utilize the watershed to how much fun it can be. Lucky year though back in the day every trip I ran was Rain,Rain and cold cold made for a tuff time.

Photo's are of Ron Sticking and John Casting with Whore-Hey aka George with his First bow of the year. Hit Scupzilla first past.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8100087.jpg   P8104115.jpg  

Default And so it ends! Sucker on a Fly Rod!

Final post same subject thanks for those to take the time and checking out the thread! My Company has me out and about doing a little favor for Uncle Sam I Guess it is the price of doing business as usally I will not be able to attend Fish-a-party on the Kenia bummer! Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8114135.jpg   P8104123.jpg