Thread: Lake Creek fishing and floating

Question Lake Creek fishing and floating

I'm heading out to float Lake Creek in a couple of weeks. We're going to take about 5 days to move down the river and will be targeting rainbows and silvers (if the run improves). This is my first time out there. I'm hoping to get some advice on the water and the fishing. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Dad View Post
    I'm heading out to float Lake Creek in a couple of weeks. We're going to take about 5 days to move down the river and will be targeting rainbows and silvers (if the run improves). This is my first time out there. I'm hoping to get some advice on the water and the fishing. Any suggestions?
    Not sure on the upper river but the lower river has several log jams and sweepers in it. Be safe and keep your eyes open.

This is from a post I did on Lake Creek in 2008...
    Just got off a 7 day float on lake creek..Aug20 - 26 Had a great time caught lots of fish. A couple of heads up. About half way down is when the big water is. It comes on fast. My son was rowing at the time and did a good job at keeping us up-right...IIRC it's around
    N62 10.017' W151 03.161' Also once you get down near the end stay to the left. Do not go to the right..like some guys I know did..That's "Little Lake Creek and has three large trees acrost it. We..I mean they had a 16' cat and made for some interesting back seat oaring comments. This is around N61 55.687' W150 55.000' The water level was around 1.5 foot and was not to bad in the 16' cat with four guys.
    ---------------------------------------------

most of these photos are from that trip http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...fish38/Alaska/

Sorry I can't help you more...I'm leaving Friday for an 8 day float out near Katmai..
    Tony

IMG006-1.jpg

IMG003-1.jpg

---------------------------------------------

most of these photos are from that trip http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...fish38/Alaska/

Sorry I can't help you more...I'm leaving Friday for an 8 day float out near Katmai..
    Tony

IMG006-1.jpg

IMG003-1.jpg
    [/QUOTE
    Now the water has flooded an old channel, happened 3 years ago. Most Of the water is going down little lake creek. Talk with the local lodges and air service for current conditions. We run the bottom to bulchatna lake every year and have not been able to make it up more than half way from the mouth.

Thanks, guys. If the weather cooperates, I'm going to get our pilot to fly the river on the way in to scout for snags and rough water. Appreciate the advice.