Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting partner wanted

Default Hunting partner wanted

I'm going down the yukon river for moose on sept 12th- 26 looking for someone who want to join and pay 50 % of cost. It will be around 2000.00 for fuel will be going to 21D I have the boat. send me a message if interested. Thanks

Bump up for what sounds like an amazing trip! I am going eslewhere though so can't take up the offer. Hope it works out for everyone!

Hope you find a partner, i lucked out and found someone

$2000.00 for fuel?? So figuring at $4 a gallon, your going to burn 500 gallons of fuel???

Pretty sure fuel on the yukon is not going for 4 bucks a gallon. More like 6 plus dollars a gallon. Sounds like a fun trip one day i want to do that hunt maybe when I retire

Ok so even at $7 a gallon, thats 285 gallons fo fuel, man thats alot!! I had thought about doing the yukon trip one of these days but if its going to be that expensive and burn that much fuel forget it! Good luck on your hunt though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt83 View Post
    $2000.00 for fuel?? So figuring at $4 a gallon, your going to burn 500 gallons of fuel???
    Thats about what most guys end up spending per person to hunt the Yukon from what I have heard.

Ok so even at $7 a gallon, thats 285 gallons fo fuel, man thats alot!! I had thought about doing the yukon trip one of these days but if its going to be that expensive and burn that much fuel forget it! Good luck on your hunt though!!
    Thats probably total. So a grand a piece on fuel isnt too bad in my opinion...
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

I was told a long time ago that if you are going to baulk at the price of fuel then the Yukon is not for you. I would do it in a heart beat if I had the means.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    I was told a long time ago that if you are going to baulk at the price of fuel then the Yukon is not for you. I would do it in a heart beat if I had the means.
    Same here would do it in a heartbeat if i had a boat.

actually in Galena fuel is 6.96 a gal. I'm planing on 500 gallons were going 400 miles down yukon 2 boats i need 1 person to come with me. my guy is taking care of dieing mom. past Kaltag. it will be 1500.00 share for fuel and I figure 500. for other stuff give or take.
    Last edited by sheffrey; 08-16-2012 at 08:54. Reason: add more

Sounds like a cheap trip if someone jumps on it. I'd look into it as I have always wanted to hunt the Yukon but am running up the haul road instead with the airboat. Thats going to cost more than $2K in fuel alone.
    Besides, the OP bought the boat and truck already, all someone has to do is split fuel, THATS CHEAP!
    Hope you find a good partner that appreciates your offer, good luck!
    BK

Man someone going to get the trip of a lifetime hope you find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    the OP bought the boat and truck already, all someone has to do is split fuel, THATS CHEAP!
    Hope you find a good partner that appreciates your offer, good luck!
    BK
    Darn boats cost enough to buy much less to maintain and tow, getting off on just paying for your half of the fuel is cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Same here would do it in a heartbeat if i had a boat.
    You should talk that guy that posted above you(#9) into going, I think he has access to a boat and he knows how to run a river. I know he has the time this year as well.

21D is a long haul both ways and a heck of a trip ! If I had time allocated this year I'ld make the ride .
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Wish i had the coin, Id go in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!!!11

Default Hunting partner wanted

That's a great deal. Figure in what an air taxi costs and it's an eye opener.

Hafta pay to play these days!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Yep! 500 gallons going 400 miles down Yukon

Sure wish this unit wasn't a draw permit for non res., as I would really try to jump on this offer. Looks like a bargain compared to a fly-in, and what an adventure it would be. As it is, already doing the research for my next return to AK in 2014, for a Brooks Range hunt. Good luck, sheffrey, I hope you find someone to take you up on this offer. Knute

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast