Thread: Heading to GMU 20A caribou hunt tomorrow

Default Heading to GMU 20A caribou hunt tomorrow

Well it's here finally. I don't post much here but do enjoy reading all your guy's post! I will be flying in and going to try my luck up high to begin with, hoping to find some good bulls near sheep country. I have done about as much research a person can with such little info out there on this area, but it sure does look like there is some great potential on size in there. I believe I am as prepared as you can be, but a question I have for you guys is how bad willl the bugs be in the higher country and is there plenty of water up there that a person can filter or should you plan on packing water from base camp on up to spike camp? Thanks and good luck to all you hunters out there and have a safe one!

Water is usually slim in the higher country but it entirely depends on your location.
    Bugs are dependant on the weather, cooler the better. Buy a Thermacell if your concerned about the bugs or a good headnet.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo_bulls View Post
    Well it's here finally. I don't post much here but do enjoy reading all your guy's post! I will be flying in and going to try my luck up high to begin with, hoping to find some good bulls near sheep country. I have done about as much research a person can with such little info out there on this area, but it sure does look like there is some great potential on size in there. I believe I am as prepared as you can be, but a question I have for you guys is how bad willl the bugs be in the higher country and is there plenty of water up there that a person can filter or should you plan on packing water from base camp on up to spike camp? Thanks and good luck to all you hunters out there and have a safe one!

Where you flying in to?
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.