Thread: Gunsmiths near Anch

Default Gunsmiths near Anch

I know about Stan, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Extreme Rifleworks in Palmer or any other smith's, with the exception of WW Guns. I have a couple of things I would like to get done and am looking for the opinions of others that have had experience with some of the gunsmiths around here.

Thanks.

Andy Hawk (Anch).....I don't have his contact info, but he should be listed in the phone book.

Default Arctic Custom Guns

I have had good luck w/ Arctic Custom Guns.

He is near the Lowe's in Wasilla.

373-4860

Todd

Default Precision Arms

Vince Baldauf, Precision Arms, in Anchorage. Has done several triggers and action jobs for me. Great work, good price, quick turnaround. I'll keep going back! 279-5755

Default Extreme Rifle works

I had extreme rifle works redo my Winchester M70 375 H&H. They did a complete lightweight conversion, chopped the barrel at 20" and dropped it in a lightweight kevlar stock. I have been very pleased with the job they did. The rifle weighs right at 6lbs 4oz bare and just over 7.25lbs loaded with scope. I am very impressed with thier work. I wouldn't think twice about having them do some more work for me.

Before

After

Bolt fluting

Thanks for the info guys. I'll start making some calls tomorrow.

Third for Andy Hawk..should be in phone book

Default Andy

562-0881, by appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebear_78 View Post
    I had extreme rifle works redo my Winchester M70 375 H&H. They did a complete lightweight conversion, chopped the barrel at 20" and dropped it in a lightweight kevlar stock. I have been very pleased with the job they did. The rifle weighs right at 6lbs 4oz bare and just over 7.25lbs loaded with scope. I am very impressed with thier work. I wouldn't think twice about having them do some more work for me.

Hey Bear that rifle looks sweet! But at 7 pounds four ounces it has to kick like a mule on coke. How do you stand it?

Nitroman-

Its actually not too bad when shooting from most feild positions where you can roll with it. From a bench it really lets you have it though. Actually takes a lot of concentration to do fine sight in and load development. The rifle is quite accurate but it takes several minutes and a lot of mental control to not flinch off the bench. Its sweet for hunting though.

When I first got it I shot it a bunch the first day and actually had some brusing on the back side of my shoulder the next day. Funny thing is I have yet to have anyone want to shoot it after watching me shoot it a few times.