Thread: Awesome sheep hunt...minus the poachers on the night of the 9th!!!!

Default Awesome sheep hunt...minus the poachers on the night of the 9th!!!!

Had a great walk in hunt!! Great weather and company. Not going into details of the poaching as it is still an ongoing investigation....but remember that seasons are established for a reason and the night of the 9th is not the same as the morning of the 10th!! Hated to see a good ram go that way. AST is all over this and are doing a great job. Never saw another legal ram but really enjoyed our sheep hunt. Saw caribou every day and a nice grizzly on the walk out...which walked. Bring on ptarmigan hunting..valdez halibut/salmon...and finally moose season!
    "One Last Cast"

PICTURES???

Congrats on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    PICTURES???

Congrats on the hunt.
    What he said. So did the poacher shoot your ram out from underneath you?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    What he said. So did the poacher shoot your ram out from underneath you?
    Yep...Was a nice ram too.
    "One Last Cast"

I was up in the mountains and was watching a group of three rams the biggest was almost legal but not quite, he was about 7/8 curl. A little while later another hunter came in from below us and spooked them off and followed them around the ridge (I am sure he had no idea we were there) a little while later we herd gunshots. I didnt go check but I am pretty sure that guy shot that ram and I know there were no other rams there. I hope he didnt shoot it because he will be a big ram next year I would guess he will be 38" when he hits full and he carried his mass all the way to the tips. Fun to watch though

Quote Originally Posted by fk 107 View Post
    Had a great walk in hunt!! Great weather and company. Not going into details of the poaching as it is still an ongoing investigation....but remember that seasons are established for a reason and the night of the 9th is not the same as the morning of the 10th!! Hated to see a good ram go that way. AST is all over this and are doing a great job. Never saw another legal ram but really enjoyed our sheep hunt. Saw caribou every day and a nice grizzly on the walk out...which walked. Bring on ptarmigan hunting..valdez halibut/salmon...and finally moose season!
    Im ready for birds, and fins this weeks as well buddy! Sounds like your trip was badarse anyway! AST will smoke the dirt bags! Pack up your **** and get ready! See you Monday.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    Im ready for birds, and fins this weeks as well buddy! Sounds like your trip was badarse anyway! AST will smoke the dirt bags! Pack up your **** and get ready! See you Monday.
    I'm ready now!
    "One Last Cast"

Quote Originally Posted by fk 107 View Post
    I'm ready now!
    LOL me as well!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans