Thread: Taurus Raging Judge in .454 Casul?

Question Taurus Raging Judge in .454 Casul?

Anyone here try one or have one? Wondering how strong, etc. it is.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=300811944

I thought about one a year ago and went with the 454 Casull Super Redhack. Glad I did. Love that gun for shooting fun and accuracy. I played with the time factor to switch loads in the Judge and it plain don't make sense for an Alaska gun. A charging bear ain't gonna give you time to pull the 410 load out and put a bear load in. If all ya want it for is a bird gun, then fine. Keep another bear killer on your belt.
    JMO
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Good self defense bump in the night type gun loaded with 3 buckshot and 2 hollow points? Well sure nuf!

Not so good a woods gun though . . . the 410 is next to useless because it will not pattern birdshot through the rifling so you have a 454 twice as long as it needs to be with half the rifling and a stupid long freebore.

So depends on what you plan to use it for.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Kind of what I thought on this one, already have a Smith and Wesson 329 and want a .460 from them too, along with my Redhawk, feel pretty adequate in the big bore arena.

You'll love the 460. I loved it so much I have now collected 3, scoped 460V, iron site 460V, and a big long XVR.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I've shot them and as mentioned above, the .410 is worthless and it is a really heavy gun with a really long cylinder. There are better guns out there.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I've shot them and as mentioned above, the .410 is worthless and it is a really heavy gun with a really long cylinder. There are better guns out there.
    Yea I figgure if your gonna lug around that much steel you may as well get the power of 460 or 500 and if 45 or 454 is the power you want why pack all the iron around.. . . ether way ya get a gun without all that freebore that might hit something.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona