Thread: A couple Pentax Spotter reviews

Default A couple Pentax Spotter reviews

Well, I figured I'd post a couple links to some reviews on the Pentax 65 a 80mm spotters. I figured I'd better get out of religion and politics in the General forum before I say something I'd regret!

Plus, camera land has good deals on them and I've been waiting to buy one and am getting closer!!

80mm ED

This is the one that seems like the ultimate sheep spotting scope.
    65mm ED

Naw, too small...you should get the Pentax 100mm.

Man with that thing I should be able to spot sheep from my kitchen window in downtown Fairbanks!!

Thumbs up Me too!

Snyd, I gave my great Nikon XL II to my neighbor who has helped me build our new home. He's an older fella that told me he's always wanted a spotter and I surprised him with mine. I told him its viewed some great sheep and game in Alaska.

I'm looking very closely at Doug's Pentax demo 65mm angled with zoom, looks like a killer deal.

Frank

Hi Frank,
    Ya, Dougs Pentax deal is pretty skookum. I had a Burris Spotter. About the same as the Nikon you had. Decent glass but it didn't have much eye releif. I have this overhanging brow and when I cranked it up to 45x I was always bumping the scope with my brow. So I sold it this winter and will be getting the Pentax. Just can't quite do it yet. Gotta buy a new furnace and remodel the bathroom first.

How's Idaho? I'm from western Montana.

Perry