Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cordova fishing

Default Cordova fishing

A buddy is going to work in Cordova this weekend. May go with him, but not sure if the reds, or probably silvers are in?? I've never been there, so anybody know how close the streams are to town? Can I walk to any? Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Cordova fishing

Hello HuntAK59, I'll be there in Cordova in about 3 weeks. This will be the 3rd year for silver salmon fishing for me. To me, its a little too far to walk to the fishing grounds. Maybe the local people might know of places to fish within walking distance from town. Hope u have fun fishing. Let us know what the fishing is like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by miwai View Post
    Hello HuntAK59, I'll be there in Cordova in about 3 weeks. This will be the 3rd year for silver salmon fishing for me. To me, its a little too far to walk to the fishing grounds. Maybe the local people might know of places to fish within walking distance from town. Hope u have fun fishing. Let us know what the fishing is like.

Miwai, I'll be in Cordova about the same time as you. Where are some good fishing spots? I will have a truck so I can get around. You can PM me if you'd like... Thanks

I may have access to a van. Where abouts are the rivers? I don't need the secret hole. Just a spot to have a chance

I'm just another tourist fisherman when I'm in Cordova and have no idea where the serious local fishermen go. At the Six or Seven mile marker on the highway to the main airport you will usually see many cars parked by double bridges. I fish there too. You can fish either up stream or downstream. It's called the Ibeck River. You can see it on Google Earth. I've only fished there for Silver Salmon. I don't have a clue about other salmon. Oh, Eyak River is another place to fish, in my minimal experience, you need a boat or willing to hike pretty far to fish here.

Already got my trip planned for next year over Labor Day.

Wish it was this year !!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Has anyone fished Cordova this year for silvers? With the low counts in the Valley and Kenai, was wondering if Cordova is seeing the same.

Hey miwai, what dates are you in town? We'll be back on the Tsiu around that time...
    Bob

Good morning. I'll PM u later Bob. In a rush to meet friend to fill hog feeders and place some trail cams for deer. MI

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post
    A buddy is going to work in Cordova this weekend. May go with him, but not sure if the reds, or probably silvers are in?? I've never been there, so anybody know how close the streams are to town? Can I walk to any? Any help is appreciated.
    Silvers are in and reds have died out for the season for the most part. Flemming Spit again this year, the silvers haven't seemed to show up. That would have been a possible walk to. The Eyak River is starting to crawl with them and that is 5.5 miles out of town. A boat is best, but also can be fished from the shore in many locations. Watch for bear though as that place is crawling with them too. Sorry to take so long on answering on this thread, but it "just " popped up for me and I went Opps! Hard to follow everything.

Quote Originally Posted by biglou001 View Post
    Miwai, I'll be in Cordova about the same time as you. Where are some good fishing spots? I will have a truck so I can get around. You can PM me if you'd like... Thanks
    5.5 mile Eyak River, 7.5 mile Ibeck River, 13 mile Sherridan River #3. These are all on the Copper River Highway. One Eye Pond, about 17 mile on the Copper River Highway. Try those for starters. The closer in, 5.5 and 7.5 mile best.

Any new reports? Headed there beginning of next month. Hope to find some silvers...

Thats not going to be a problem!

Anyone have a firsthand report on Cordova?

Talked to my friend yesterday. He and his family will be joining us in Cordova the 2nd week in Sept. He called the lodge we will stay at and they reported that guests are catching their limit of silvers everyday. So I guess this is not first hand report...but seems like things are looking up. Oh, the lodge said that the local fishing supply store has closed down, so might be wise to bring fishing supplies from home.

Which lodge are you using?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

We are staying at Orca Adventure Lodge. Where are u staying?

Are there any really good areas to catch dollies and rainbows for fun? I figure I'll have some extra time after limiting on silvers . Going down next week. Can't wait...

Dollies are found where the salmon are found. Cutthroat trout (no rainbows that I know of) are in most ponds or "slower moving" water with small spinners or small clusters of eggs working well.

Any recent reports? Looking forward to going in a few days...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast