Thread: Party hunt question

Default Party hunt question

Ok my cousin and I drew the late DC 481 caribou permits as a party. I am having trouble finding any info about hunting together. I kinda want to get started without him since he works on the slope. Can I hunt without him and vice versa or do we have to hunt together since we put in as a party? Anyone who would know better than me please share your thoughts or info.

When I've received my party permits in the past, the permit in my possesion had my name, animal, dates, and gmu on it. Dont recall saying I couldn't hunt alone or my buddy and I had to hunt together. Double check but I think you're ok.

I think you are actually supposed to hold hands

No, you're fine. You each have your own permit and you can each hunt on your own.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Ok that's what I thought. It's a legit question. I just want to make sure I'm legal.

Like others said, I think you are fine, but best idea if you are not 100% would be to make a quick call to ADF&G to reassure yourself. My understanding is that the "party hunt" thing only really involves the application and drawing process, either both of you get drawn or neither. The main idea is that a lot of people hunt in groups and one permit wouldn't quite make the trip worth it, but two would, so they put in for an all or nothing type thing, but nothing says you have to do it that way.

Like Milo said you two have to hold hands and skip while hunting.

You are in fact good to go hunting by yourself or with anyone else you wish to hunt with instead of the partner that was drawn with you. The purpose of the party draw is to increase the chances of one of you being drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Like others said, I think you are fine, but best idea if you are not 100% would be to make a quick call to ADF&G to reassure yourself. My understanding is that the "party hunt" thing only really involves the application and drawing process, either both of you get drawn or neither. The main idea is that a lot of people hunt in groups and one permit wouldn't quite make the trip worth it, but two would, so they put in for an all or nothing type thing, but nothing says you have to do it that way.
    Yeah I think I will call or go by F&G to confirm. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone131 View Post
    Yeah I think I will call or go by F&G to confirm. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it.
    A guy has two pet monkeys that died suddenly. He takes them to the taxidermist and the taxidermist asks "Do you want them mounted?"
    The man says, "No! Holding hands is fine!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingKatcher View Post
    A guy has two pet monkeys that died suddenly. He takes them to the taxidermist and the taxidermist asks "Do you want them mounted?"
    The man says, "No! Holding hands is fine!"
    Thanks for chiming in! Lol you have been quite lately.

Or ask yourself this= If my buddy can't go hunt this permit for some reason, does that mean I can't go? Yes you can..