Thread: They only wanted 3 boxes

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default They only wanted 3 boxes

The father son team only wanted 3 boxes of fillets, we limited on halibut and lings on the first day drifting over way points, that yielded over 2 50lb boxes. The second day we targeted king salmon, that yielded one 25lb king and a sockeye, and 2 pinks. Today we jigged up 5 halibut and a dozen pcod then trolled up a king, 2 silvers and 4 pinks. If we had sharks int he area feeding we would have lost some trolling gear to sharks, no lost gear so we didnt rigg up for the salmon sharks, as soon as we start losing gear we will rigg up and post pictures. The guys caught all the fish they wanted to take home minus the shark they wanted to fight. THis is the one and only meat rack photo I post here. The boys insisted they hang all their fish, I normally dont do that, but since I forgot my camera for taking pics during the day, we hung em high!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Default They only wanted 3 boxes

Awesome trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Surfcaster Extraordinaire (Personal Records)
    Sand Shark 5'2" 68lbs
    Halibut 128lbs
    Musky 42" 18lbs

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    The father son team only wanted 3 boxes of fillets, we limited on halibut and lings on the first day drifting over way points, that yielded over 2 50lb boxes. The second day we targeted king salmon, that yielded one 25lb king and a sockeye, and 2 pinks. Today we jigged up 5 halibut and a dozen pcod then trolled up a king, 2 silvers and 4 pinks. If we had sharks int he area feeding we would have lost some trolling gear to sharks, no lost gear so we didnt rigg up for the salmon sharks, as soon as we start losing gear we will rigg up and post pictures. The guys caught all the fish they wanted to take home minus the shark they wanted to fight. THis is the one and only meat rack photo I post here. The boys insisted they hang all their fish, I normally dont do that, but since I forgot my camera for taking pics during the day, we hung em high!
    Nice! Way to go.