Thread: Goat thread...

Default Goat thread...

So let's talk about goats and stuff. I have 2 Nigerian Dwarves. Looking to trade and swap info about your herd.

I have 3 nigies, definitely easy keepers so far.

Is a goat thread like a goat rope?

Couldn't resist, sorry. Carry on.

Arcticretrievers, do you have any in milk? I tried being "very observent" with my doe and I can't tell if she has been in heat yet. I'd like to get her bred this fall. Anything I should be looking for?

Spotgrouse, I have a doe that is due in about a month and 1/2. If you haven't noticed anything obvious such as tail wagging or a matted tail. Just keep in mind that nigies come into heat approx every 21 days or so, so if you find a buck, and put your girls in with him, you should be able to get her bred, it might take up to a month but it'll happen.

That's a good idea, Arcticretrievers. Maybe I'll pick me up on of those "meat goats" you see on Craigslist and just let him hang around for a month or so. I don't know if you have been following my "can't keep the dang goats in the pen" saga elsewhere on the forum, but I recently added an electric element to the situation. My little wether got out anyhow... But got shocked trying to get back in. The female doesn't even try to slip out cause she is a bit bigger than him.Sayak, nice Declaration of Independence qoute you got there.