Thread: Smartphone adapter to record stills and video from optics

Default Smartphone adapter to record stills and video from optics

I ran across this adapter, which positions the iPhone4 in perfect alignment to the camera lens and specfic optics, i.e. spotting scopes and binocs. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...g_Adapter.html

Fantastic idea, since you can:

1. reliably shoot photos/video of the critters you are observing,
    2. multiple viewers could observe the image at the same time without readjusting the optic
    3. immediately send off via email a recorded still or video clip of an animal

Unfortunately I do not use either the iPhone4 nor the spotting scopes/binocs this thing is built for. My combination is the Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone and the Minox HG 10 by 43 BR binocular.

Does anyone know of a universal adapter or perhaps a point of contact within the Minox company that I could address my question to?
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Default Smartphone adapter to record stills and video from optics

Kowa also looks to have an iPhone adapter. Looking at the specs on it I bet "tines up" could make conversion kits for other scopes.

http://www.weasner.com/etx/reviews/2...e_adapter.html

another iphone 4 adapter. It looks simple enough to modify for another brand of phone. Just drill a new lens hole. Make pads for the various dimensions of the phone case.