Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valdez Update Inquiry

Default Valdez Update Inquiry

Now I know a bunch of people were down fishing this weekend but where are the updates guys/girls? Will be heading down with the masses in a few weekends for Labor Day fishing.

Very Slow is the best way to put it. Most people didn't catch much this last weekend and a 15.22 pounder won the Women's Derby and the top 50 went down to 11lbs.

They're started into the bay so hopefully it will pick up soon

I'll be there along with everyone else on Labor Day, so if anyone has other reports between now and then, post 'em up! Let's keep this thread alive....

+1 on the report of very slow fishing. I spoke to a couple people that were down there this past weekend and four people in the boat landed 3 fish one day, one fish one day and three fish another day. I hope they start moving in before this weekend.

My dad and his group of three others caught 8 and missed 4 on Saturday. They were three miles from the harbor and fished 20-30 feet of water.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Going down the 23rd-27th hopefully it picks up!

just got back and silvers were slow. tried alot of different areas and the best was like FishGod says 3-4 miles from the harbor. we tried out at goose island and no action from silvers, did catch a halibut trolling. all fish caught were doubles which was exciting. but after that there was nothing. water was great out there. good luck out there.

Taking two teenage boys somewhere this weekend to fish one last time before school starts... Original plan Allison Point for Silvers. Starting to sound like this might not be the best plan... Any ideas?

We're presently in Valdez, and have been here about 10 days. Fishing is very slow for silvers. Today, we finally saw about 10-12 hookups on other boats, for the first time. We're trolling from Mineral Creek to Shoup Bay. All the fish we've seen caught, and the two we've caught, were small. Weather has been great, but is supposed to turn rainy tomorrow. No waiting at Fish Central or Easy Freeze for processing, which tells you how slow it is. We'll be here another day or two, and will try to find internet and report back in. We've trolled with about everything in the tackle box. Caught one one a blue/red kwikfish and one on a red wiggle wart. While jigging for halibut caught several small rockfish. Nothing to write home about.

I did see a pic of a silver got off Allison a few days ago with a Spey rod. All above report are what I am hearing also. Smaller fish so far.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

It's still a couple of weeks to hit the peak in Valdez...I'm holding onto hope that they'll show up in big numbers by Labor Day Weekend.

Silver are here.....I am watching them being caught in the harbor right now. They are rolling all over.

Good to hear. Now they just need to pace themselves so there are some left in two weeks.....

Thanks, cod. Please continue to update. Coho slayer, there're always some left for the good guys.

My wife and I have several days off later this week and are trying to decide whether to chase Silvers in Valdez or Seward. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by healerf18
    My wife and I have several days off later this week and are trying to decide whether to chase Silvers in Valdez or Seward. Any thoughts?

Heres the latest from Valdez after some snooping around. Boaters report scattered fish and still small ones. One boater who said he's fished here for thirty eight yrs said he has never seen it like this before. Meaning not good. Report just now from allisonpt says only six fish caught last nite by shore fisherman. No rollers or jumpers to speak of. Concensus seems to be still early here. However, I watched the harbor ( inside it) again last nite and can report I saw about four to six fish caught in the hr I was watching. Saw lots of rollers and some leapers. Looks to me like the harbor may be the best place to pick up an easy silver or two. One guy who I saw snag two fish there said he limited there a couple mornings ago in ten minutes. He said he got near the ramp before all the boats started putting in.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!

hopefully it picks up heading that way wednesday night for about 5 days!

Well, any new updates? Are them silvers showing up inside the bay yet? Heading there on Saturday so hopefully some of them show up... good luck ya'll... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

I,ll be there Friday thru Sunday Koffler Baybee Red canvas, twin Hondas. Will give a live fishing report or a dead fish report hopefully. Kurt

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast