Thread: Good Seward Charter Experiance

Default Good Seward Charter Experiance

I went out of Seward this Saturday on the Servant with Captain Trent and deck hand Oksana; they are booked though Fish House Charters.

I haven't been on a Seward charter since I bought my own boat about 9 years ago. I was a little wary after hearing so many horror stories about bad trips. However, this captain and crew did a great job.

When we arrived at the slip at 0630, the captain said Silver fishing was slow in the bay and that we would take a 3 hour run to get to where he was confident we could get into some fish. So, we headed to Montague and proceeded to load up. We got a load of Black Bass and headed back to the dock.

1. The captain spent a whole bunch of time and fuel to get us on fish.
    2. The deck hand was great. When she wasn't baiting hooks, she was cleaning the deck or taking care of somebody.
    3. The captain didn't just sit at the wheel. He was running all over that boat netting fish and making sure everything was taken care of.
    4. Both of them had great, upbeat attitudes.

I can't speak for other Fish House boats, but this one was a great experience.

Did you catch anything else other than Black Bass? Seems like a long way to go just rock fish.

The way I read it, they ran three hours to get to good silver fishing grounds, limited out and then rounded out the trip with some rockfish.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak kid View Post
    Did you catch anything else other than Black Bass? Seems like a long way to go just rock fish.
    Ha, you're right. I can see were it might read that we only caught Black Bass.

We limited out on Silvers (11 of us) in about 2 hours; then, we went and got our rock fish. Three hours is a long run for 3 Silvers and rock fish but it was a nice day and I was impressed that the captain was willing to do it. Other captains I've had in the past would have stayed in the bay and headed back early.