Thread: Loading up for a Tika T-3 Lite 300Wm.. suggestions?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Question Loading up for a Tika T-3 Lite 300Wm.. suggestions?

okay so I am in the beginning stages of load development for the tika 300 WM, i picked up last spring, and was curious as to what flavor they tend to like... My ruger loves the RL22 and the 180 gn accubonds,, with max load on it.. any powder suggestions? i will most likely stick to the nosler bullets, as i have a large pile of them already.

found any they tend NOT to like?

thanks

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    okay so I am in the beginning stages of load development for the tika 300 WM, i picked up last spring, and was curious as to what flavor they tend to like... My ruger loves the RL22 and the 180 gn accubonds,, with max load on it.. any powder suggestions? i will most likely stick to the nosler bullets, as i have a large pile of them already.

found any they tend NOT to like?

thanks

Vince
    Uh uh yeah uh get some powder and bullets and try that out. It worked great for me

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Uh uh yeah uh get some powder and bullets and try that out. It worked great for me
    text msg sent....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Reply sent

actually i also have some 200 gn round nose cast boolits i would love to devlope a load for also.., but one thing at a time... and John... i have a pile of powder and boolits. i just hate to waste it with the cost still going up.

meet on face book here

RL22 seems to be the std now for the 300 win mag. I never had any luck with rl 22. I always end up going to the old std h-4831. But been awhile since i loaded for a win mag.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    RL22 seems to be the std now for the 300 win mag. I never had any luck with rl 22. I always end up going to the old std h-4831. But been awhile since i loaded for a win mag.
    i like the RL 22 over the 4831 or the 7828 simply becasue it tends to roll through the shoulder easier. the 7828 i never could pull less then 1" groups at 100 yds... and the rl22 i pull 3/4 @200.. and i will prolly start with the rl 22. it would be great if i could make round to fit BOTH of my 300 WM LOL... and I know i could if i just stuck to hunting rounds.

but my nearly 10 lb ruger and my 6.5 lb tika.. sure wont handle the same with the same loads. either..

meet on face book here

Does your rifle have the 1:11 twist? If so, likely bullets on the lighter side vs. the heavier- but every barrel is an individual.

I'd start with 180s and see what it does, then try 165s.

Nothing wrong with either weight in a AB or PT in my book. Would be nice to get a load that would do well in both rifles but I'd doubt it since they use 2 different twist rates- but you might get lucky and find an acceptable load for both.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

thanks Mike, i hadn't considered that one... i did just find out that like my ruger... i MUST use COL of 3.340 or they wont fit. 3.363 is max mag length and lan is 3.513

ill look up the twist.. thanks for the reminder...

has anyone played with the RL17 in any of the heavier .30 cals? i have a couple buckets of it saved for some rainy day...

meet on face book here

I haven't used it in the .300WM but it's excellent in my .300WSM. It's pretty much my "go-to" powder for everything I shoot- 270,308, 375 Rug and the .300WSM.

There is probably a better powder for each individual cartridge...but probably no better powder for all of them together. I you have some waiting on a purpose, I'd try it out.

Here's the Alliant data-
    300 Winchester Magnum Speer 168 gr BTHP Federal 3.34 24 Fed 215 Reloder 17 72.5 3,182 -
    300 Winchester Magnum Speer 150 gr BTSP Federal 3.33 24 Fed 215 Reloder 17 74 3,333 -
    300 Winchester Magnum Speer 165 gr BTSP Federal 3.34 24 Fed 215 Reloder 17 72.5 3,202 -
    300 Winchester Magnum Speer 180 gr BTSP Federal 3.34 24 Fed 215 Reloder 17 70.5 3,074 -
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Vince your Tikka should have a 1:11 twist as a result it'll deliver bullets of 200-220 grns depending on configuration and velocity. Not sure what you plan to hunt but as a general lightweight go to gun 180's seem to be a good starting point.

Don't overlook H-1000 as a good powder choice for the 300 WM.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Thank Brav01... i typically use 180 for everything from moose to grizz to bou to the neighbors dog. er.... well yeah

I have never palyed with the H 1000, but your not the first to mention it to me. may have to pick a jug up and play with it.

meet on face book here