Thread: Ketchikan fishing reports?

Default Ketchikan fishing reports?

Headed to Ketchikan for some salmon and halibut fishing. Anyone have a current report they'd like to share?

We just got back from two weeks up there. Lots of pinks and a fair number of silvers, with the silvers definitely running deeper than the pinks. Areas we fished were Guard island and Pt Higgins if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek the Greek View Post
    We just got back from two weeks up there. Lots of pinks and a fair number of silvers, with the silvers definitely running deeper than the pinks. Areas we fished were Guard island and Pt Higgins if that helps.
    Thanks for the information. We're hoping to run into some silvers and some halibut.

I am going up there the third week of september, this is the 5th year in a row. Leave some silvers for us!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttofish View Post
    I am going up there the third week of september, this is the 5th year in a row. Leave some silvers for us!!
    Will do. I understand the fall run is pretty good. Do you have much success with the halibut that time of year or do you stick to salmon?

Quote Originally Posted by flapbreaker View Post
    Will do. I understand the fall run is pretty good. Do you have much success with the halibut that time of year or do you stick to salmon?
    Just salmon, I have not been able to hook up with any locals to get together and fish. I have great bait to bring with me for halibut, I have brought 50 lbs of shad with me before but the guy I know his boat was broke down so we did not get out for halibut. I would love to find someone who wants to go halibut fishing up there, heck I will pay for the gas and bring the bait with me from Oregon when I come up. We do good on the silvers every fall up there with spinners in the saltwater.

Fishing has been good for us. Out three times this week and had lots of good action for both salmon and halibut. Limited out on halibut on Saturday. Slivers are starting to come in but still getting quite a few pinks off mountain point. Good luck when you get here.