Thread: Whitier Camping?

Default Whitier Camping?

I was planning a camping trip with my family in whittier and do some shrimping. Went to call the camp ground there and they said they were closed this whole season due to construction. I have no idea what to do now, any suggestions? We are going the 20th-22th August, and need somewhere to park an RV down there. Please help. Also is there any place to get ice down there? we are going to need to ice down the fish and shrimp every night so they dont spoil. thanks for the help in advance.

Joe.

There is a campground behind the boat parking area. I dont think it has power. Ice at the baitshop.

There's a new paved parking area at the end of the bay on the beaches, complete with outhouses. Not sure if over-nighting is allowed, but you could probably call down there and find out pretty quick. Just call Whittier PD.

If you have a boat you're shrimping from the best place for ice is to head up Blackstone bay. Head back towards the glacier, your wife and kids get to take in the scenery and you can pick up ice berklets for the cooler.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    If you have a boat you're shrimping from the best place for ice is to head up Blackstone bay. Head back towards the glacier, your wife and kids get to take in the scenery and you can pick up ice berklets for the cooler.
    I do that every trip out, it works out really good as the ice is free and last way longer than bagged cubes or blocks. Its also spectacular in my drinks at night.

As for camping, try the back of the boat parking lot.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson